solrconfig.xml in riak

Fasil K
Hello Everyone,

Do any one know how we can update the solrconfig.xml file for solr in riak search?

The issue is I need to change a date format from 'YYYY-MM-DD' format to 'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ' for indexing . ( Cant index 'YYY-MM-DD' format directly to solr.TrieDateField ) .

I am planning to use  ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory to convert the format. But I have to change solrconfig.xml file for that.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Fasil K

Re: solrconfig.xml in riak

Fred Dushin
Hi Fasil,

Riak does not provide any administrative operations for this file.  You can, however, edit the file for each Solr core on each riak node.  You will find it under:

<platform_data_dir>/yz/<index_name>/conf

You will need to restart either riak on that node, the Solr on that node, or the Yokozuna application on that node.  You might even be able to get away will shutting down the yz_solr_proc (erlang) process on each node, as doing so cleanly will terminate Solr, and the process will be respawned by its supervisor.

If you are concerned about data consistency across replicas, you may want to attach to the Riak console, and, for example, stop and then restart the yokozuna app on all nodes all at once via the rpc:multicall function after you have made your changes to the config file, though there will always be trade-off between availability and consistency.  Note that if you have AAE enabled, any writes you miss to Yokozuna while Solr is down will be repaired, but AAE will not be able to detect changes you have made to how you have parsed data.

Hope that helps,

-Fred

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 11:57 AM, Fasil K <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Do any one know how we can update the solrconfig.xml file for solr in riak search?
>
> The issue is I need to change a date format from 'YYYY-MM-DD' format to 'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ' for indexing . ( Cant index 'YYY-MM-DD' format directly to solr.TrieDateField ) .
>
> I am planning to use  ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory to convert the format. But I have to change solrconfig.xml file for that.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Fasil K

Re: solrconfig.xml in riak

Luke Bakken
Fasil -

As Fred pointed out, editing this file is not a simple matter. I
recommend providing the date you need to be indexed to Solr in the
expected format. Generally I do so by providing another accessor for
the date that does the correct conversion.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer