same 2i key with different value

Louis-Philippe Perron
Hi Riak people!

I noticed it is possible to add multiple indexes to a document with different values without overriding the previously saved index,
the document would end up having indexes like:

x-riak-index-test_key_bin: testvalue_A
x-riak-index-test_key_bin: testvalue_B
x-riak-index-test_key_bin: testvalue_C

Is this an intended feature we can rely on?

thanks,
L-P

Re: Fwd: same 2i key with different value

Jeremiah Peschka

Yes. You can add any number of arbitrary values to an index. In the C# client, we implement this as a list so you just call object.Index("stuff_bin").Add("thing")

---
sent from a tiny portion of the hive mind...
in this case, a phone