rpberrorresp - Unable to access functioning riak node

A R

rpberrorresp - Unable to access functioning riak node

A R

To whom it may concern,

I've set up a 2 riak ts nodes and a load-balancer on independent machines. I'm able to successfully create tables, list keys and buckets using the C# SDK but am unable to push data in. It returns the following error from

"Expected tsputresp, got rpberrorresp, Expected tsputresp, got rpberrorresp, Unable to access functioning Riak node (load balancer returned no nodes)."

I've configured the nodes/load-balancer as per the installation procedure and was able to successfully connect the nodes, and configure the load-balancer to direct traffic accordingly. May i be missing a setting in the riak.conf to enable writing?

Best Regards,

Andre

Re: rpberrorresp - Unable to access functioning riak node

Luke Bakken
Hi Andre,

If you remove the load balancer, does it work?

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:56 AM, A R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>

> I've set up a 2 riak ts nodes and a load-balancer on independent machines.
> I'm able to successfully create tables, list keys and buckets using the C#
> SDK but am unable to push data in. It returns the following error from
>

> "Expected tsputresp, got rpberrorresp, Expected tsputresp, got rpberrorresp,
> Unable to access functioning Riak node (load balancer returned no nodes)."
>

> I've configured the nodes/load-balancer as per the installation procedure
> and was able to successfully connect the nodes, and configure the
> load-balancer to direct traffic accordingly. May i be missing a setting in
> the riak.conf to enable writing?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Andre

Re: rpberrorresp - Unable to access functioning riak node

Luke Bakken
Hi Andre,

Please remember to use "reply all" so the entire list can learn from
our communication.

There may be a bug where you aren't getting the text of the
"rpberrorresp" message. What you should do is check the error.log file
on both of your Riak nodes and look at the contents. There may be a
data format issue in the data you are sending to Riak TS

Please run riak-debug and attach the generated archives to this GitHub issue:

https://github.com/basho/riak-dotnet-client/issues/328

On the above issue, please include the following information:

* Riak .NET client version
* Riak TS version
* Table definition you're using
* Example data
* Example C# code to reproduce the issue (if possible)

Thanks -

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer