riak_repl integration

Raghavendra Sayana
Hi All,

I want to use riak MDC replication using riak_repl module. Is there any documentation on how I can perform this integration? Do you know what erlang compiler version I should be using to compile the code? Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks
Raghu

Re: riak_repl integration

Russell Brown-4
Hi Raghu,
At present Riak is still stuck on the r16 basho OTP. This will change next year. For now, and the next release of riak, r16 is the compiler you need.

If you want to use riak_repl with open source riak, there are a couple of options. There is the 2.2.4 tag in the basho riak repo, which bet365 kindly put together when riak_repl was open sourced. Cloning https://github.com/basho/riak and checking out tag 2.2.4, then running `make rel` will get you a local release of OS riak as it was at 2.2.3 + riak_repl. Someone did mention maybe building packages of 2.2.4, if you’d rather download than build your own, but I don’t know if that happened yet.

In order to _use_ MDC you can follow the docs on basho’s site http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/configuring/v3-multi-datacenter/.

There is a branch develop-2.2.5 which is the active work for the next release of riak, which will contain riak_repl.  We plan to release riak-2.2.5 (OS riak+repl, and some small features+bug fixes) in early 2018.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Russell

On 5 Dec 2017, at 16:11, Raghavendra Sayana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to use riak MDC replication using riak_repl module. Is there any documentation on how I can perform this integration? Do you know what erlang compiler version I should be using to compile the code? Any help on this is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Raghu

Re: riak_repl integration

Bryan Hunt-3
Raghu,

What bistro are you running?

Bryan

> On 5 Dec 2017, at 17:10, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Raghu,
> At present Riak is still stuck on the r16 basho OTP. This will change next year. For now, and the next release of riak, r16 is the compiler you need.
>
> If you want to use riak_repl with open source riak, there are a couple of options. There is the 2.2.4 tag in the basho riak repo, which bet365 kindly put together when riak_repl was open sourced. Cloning https://github.com/basho/riak and checking out tag 2.2.4, then running `make rel` will get you a local release of OS riak as it was at 2.2.3 + riak_repl. Someone did mention maybe building packages of 2.2.4, if you’d rather download than build your own, but I don’t know if that happened yet.
>
> In order to _use_ MDC you can follow the docs on basho’s site http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/configuring/v3-multi-datacenter/.
>
> There is a branch develop-2.2.5 which is the active work for the next release of riak, which will contain riak_repl.  We plan to release riak-2.2.5 (OS riak+repl, and some small features+bug fixes) in early 2018.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Cheers
>
> Russell
>

> On 5 Dec 2017, at 16:11, Raghavendra Sayana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I want to use riak MDC replication using riak_repl module. Is there any documentation on how I can perform this integration? Do you know what erlang compiler version I should be using to compile the code? Any help on this is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Raghu

Re: riak_repl integration

Bryan Hunt-3
Raghu,

We’re mid way through building packages, in the meantime, if you’re feeling impatient you can try the following :

https://gist.github.com/bryanhuntesl/cc0eefa6939b757ca7b86ebb1d7b29b2

The above recipe requires a reasonably recent Docker daemon and cli tools installed on the host.

Best Regards,

Bryan Hunt

On 5 Dec 2017, at 19:17, Raghavendra Sayana <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Bryan,

We are running riak 2.1.4 on RHEL 6

Thanks
Raghu