read-repair and map-reduce

Igor Karymov
Hi all. Does I understand correctly that reading with mapreduce not trigger read-repair mechanism?

Re: read-repair and map-reduce

Igor Karymov
And how about link walking? It's same situation because link walking it's just special sort of mapreduce?

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Igor Karymov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And how about link walking? It's same situation because link walking it's
> just special sort of mapreduce?

Correct on both counts. I provided a sketch of how Riak's MapReduce
could be altered to use the usual 'get' method here:

http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2012-August/009167.html

In addition to allowing the R-value to be tuned, such a patch would
trigger read-repair automatically. I have not yet heard of progress on
such a patch, though.

-Bryan