raik-admin status vs /stats

Travis Kirstine

All

According to the docs 2.14 there is an issue executing the riak-admin status command more than once a minute can impact performance.  Is performance impacted when access stats via the HTTP interface /stats more than once a minute?

Regards

Re: raik-admin status vs /stats

Magnus Kessler
On 26 April 2017 at 16:09, Travis Kirstine <[hidden email]> wrote:

All

According to the docs 2.14 there is an issue executing the riak-admin status command more than once a minute can impact performance.  Is performance impacted when access stats via the HTTP interface /stats more than once a minute?

Regards

Hi Travis,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It appears that the warning in the documentation is a left-over from a much earlier version of Riak. The paragraph following the warning is correct; you can call `riak-admin status` and access the HTTP `/stats` endpoint more than once a minute without negative effects. We will correct this on the documentation site soon.

Please be aware, though, that many of the properties returned are accumulated over a floating one minute window. We therefore still advise to gather the stats not more often than about once a minute, as more frequent access will not generate more meaningful fine grained values.

Kind Regards

Magnus

--
Magnus Kessler
Client Services Engineer

Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431