(no subject)

Wagner Rodrigues
Hi,

My name is Wagner, and I'm really new at Riak.
I'm trying to do some testes, for my masters degree. But I don't know how to do it.
Its very simple, basically I have to test commands like "Select", "Create", "Insert"

I tried, using the root user\riak user\riak attach. As you can see in the attachments.

What I'm doing wrong ?

Sorry for any english mistakes.

Thanks,
Wagner Braz Rodrigues.
(11) 98745 8817

VirtualBox_prints.png (37K) Download Attachment

Re:

Cesar Stuardo
Hey,

I dont ting riak can be used that way. Its not like MYSQL, where you can issue those kind of relational commands. At the best of my knowledge, at least from the command line interface you cannot do that.

Kind regards,

Re:

Wagner Rodrigues
Thanks for the reply

But It's the Riak's documentation, mentions that.

http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/using/riakshell/

Imagem inline 1

--
Atenciosamente, Wagner Braz Rodrigues.
(11) 98745 8817

Re: Re:

Cesar Stuardo
I see, then i suppose you first need to start the shell. What about riak-attach? that works?

image.png (42K) Download Attachment

Re: Re:

Cesar Stuardo
haha, yeah, here it is.

http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/using/riakshell/

Enjoy!

image.png (42K) Download Attachment

Re: Re:

Cesar Stuardo
and apparently, is for riak ts. Is that what you installed?

Re: Re:

Magnus Kessler
On 19 April 2017 at 00:41, Cesar Stuardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
and apparently, is for riak ts. Is that what you installed?

That's correct. Riak-shell is currently only offered as part of Riak TS.

@Wagner, Riak KV is a Key Value store with a REST API and client implementations in a number of supported client libraries. Riak TS is a variant of Riak KV optimised for time series data. Riak TS also has a SQL like query language (exposed via riak-shell), which can make some time series queries easier to write for end users.

If you want to check out the basic CRUD operations in Riak KV, please follow the "Getting Started" section of Riak's documentation [0]. There are examples for many programming languages [1][2][3][4][5].

Kind Regards,

Magnus

--
Magnus Kessler
Client Services Engineer

Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431

Re: Re:

Wagner Rodrigues
It worked.
Thank for all the answers!!