error installing riak 0.9.1 on osx

Doug Tangren
Hi. I just downloaded and tried to install version 0.9.1 of riak and was greeted with the following error. I currently have 0.8 installed so I am assuming all my erlang dependencies are in order.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

(riak-0.9.1) > sudo make rel
./rebar compile generate
==> protobuffs (compile)
==> mochiweb (compile)
==> webmachine (compile)
ERROR: One or more .beam files exist that are not listed in webmachine.app:
* webmachine_skel
make: *** [rel] Error 1

-Doug Tangren
http://lessis.me

Re: error installing riak 0.9.1 on osx

Dave Smith
Hi Doug,

It sounds like you may have unpacked the 0.9.1 sources over top of the 0.8 sources. It would be better to unpack into a clean directory so you don't have old files lying around (which is the problem here).

Alternatively, you can download pre-built binaries and avoid this pain altogether:

Hope that helps. :)

D.