automatically expiring keys with LevelDB?

automatically expiring keys with LevelDB?

Nate Lawson
I know Bitcask has the expiry_secs option for expiring keys, but what about LevelDB? We're thinking of using Luwak as a file cache frontend to S3, and it would be nice for older entries to be deleted in LRU order as we store newer files. This could be implemented as a storage quota also (high/low water mark).

Thanks,
Nate

Re: automatically expiring keys with LevelDB?

Justin Sheehy

On Oct 21, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Nate Lawson wrote:

> I know Bitcask has the expiry_secs option for expiring keys, but what about LevelDB? We're thinking of using Luwak as a file cache frontend to S3, and it would be nice for older entries to be deleted in LRU order as we store newer files. This could be implemented as a storage quota also (high/low water mark).

There is no functionality like this in LevelDB at this time.

Also, I do not recommend using bitcask's expiry beneath Luwak unless you are prepared to deal with the fact that parts of a Luwak object might disappear before others.