Wants/Choose claim functions

Guido Medina-3
Hi,

Can someone please point me out to the guide explaining how to change wants and choose claim functions for Riak distribution % distribution?

We would like to set these permanently and trigger a cluster redistribution, I just can't find that documentation anymore, I was able to find this but I can't remember how to use it:
{wants_claim_fun, {riak_core_claim, wants_claim_v3}},
{choose_claim_fun, {riak_core_claim, choose_claim_v3}}

Kind regards,
Guido.

Re: Wants/Choose claim functions

Luke Bakken-2
Hi Guido,

Searching google for "riak wants_claim_fun" turns up this document.
Please see the section "Q: A node left the cluster before handing off
all data. How can I resolve this?"

https://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/developing/faq/

This may be helpful as well -

http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2016-November/038435.html

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 3:22 AM Guido Medina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone please point me out to the guide explaining how to change wants and choose claim functions for Riak distribution % distribution?
>
> We would like to set these permanently and trigger a cluster redistribution, I just can't find that documentation anymore, I was able to find this but I can't remember how to use it:
>
> {wants_claim_fun, {riak_core_claim, wants_claim_v3}},
> {choose_claim_fun, {riak_core_claim, choose_claim_v3}}
>

> Kind regards,
> Guido.

Re: Wants/Choose claim functions

Guido Medina-3
Hi Luke,

That old e-mail is what I was looking for, many thanks !!!
I had already found the FAQ

Guido.