User creation not possible Riak CS

cocos
Hello,

I'm trying to run Riak CS on a RPI 3. I got it compiled and running, but
now i'm having troubles.

I already changed the necessary attributes in the riak-cs.conf. I set up
stanchion, riak kv and riak cs.

The attributes i changed include anonymous_user_creation=on and
admin.listener=<my_ip>:8000.

I wanted to know, if there is a different way to create an admin user or
is there something wrong in the way i'm trying to create the user.

Everytime i run the following command i get the following error:

curl -v -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -XPOST
http://<my_ip>:8000/riak-cs/user --data '{"name";"[hidden email]",
"name":"adminuser"}'

Best Regards,

Henry

Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* Connected to <my_ip>  port 8000 (#0)
 > POST /riak-cs/user HTTP/1.1

* upload completely sent off: 43 out of 43 bytes
< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
< Vary: Accept
* Server Riak CS is not blacklisted
< Server: Riak CS
< Location: http://<my_ip>:8000/riak-cs/user
< Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 17:22:04 GMT
<
* Connection #0 to host <my_ip> left intact
encountered an error while processing this request</body></html>

Re: User creation not possible Riak CS

Luke Bakken
Hi Henry,

In the JSON you provided, "name" is followed by a semicolon. Is this a
typo? If not, that could be the cause of the error.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Henry- Norbert Cocos
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to run Riak CS on a RPI 3. I got it compiled and running, but now
> i'm having troubles.
>

> I already changed the necessary attributes in the riak-cs.conf. I set up
> stanchion, riak kv and riak cs.
>
> The attributes i changed include anonymous_user_creation=on and
> admin.listener=<my_ip>:8000.
>
> I wanted to know, if there is a different way to create an admin user or is
> there something wrong in the way i'm trying to create the user.
>
> Everytime i run the following command i get the following error:
>
> curl -v -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -XPOST
> http://<my_ip>:8000/riak-cs/user --data '{"name";"[hidden email]",
> "name":"adminuser"}'

Re: User creation not possible Riak CS

Luke Bakken
In addition, the correct field name should be "email", not name.

http://docs.basho.com/riak/cs/2.1.1/cookbooks/configuration/riak-cs/#specifying-the-admin-user

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Luke Bakken <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> In the JSON you provided, "name" is followed by a semicolon. Is this a
> typo? If not, that could be the cause of the error.
>
> --
> Luke Bakken
> Engineer
> [hidden email]
>

> On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Henry- Norbert Cocos
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I'm trying to run Riak CS on a RPI 3. I got it compiled and running, but now
>> i'm having troubles.
>>

>> I already changed the necessary attributes in the riak-cs.conf. I set up
>> stanchion, riak kv and riak cs.
>>
>> The attributes i changed include anonymous_user_creation=on and
>> admin.listener=<my_ip>:8000.
>>
>> I wanted to know, if there is a different way to create an admin user or is
>> there something wrong in the way i'm trying to create the user.
>>
>> Everytime i run the following command i get the following error:
>>
>> curl -v -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -XPOST
>> http://<my_ip>:8000/riak-cs/user --data '{"name";"[hidden email]",
>> "name":"adminuser"}'

Re: User creation not possible Riak CS

Luke Bakken
Hi Henry,

Please use "Reply All" so that your responses are sent to the list.

At this point, I recommend looking through the console.log and
error.log files for Riak CS and Riak to see if anything looks obvious
as to the source of the error.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer