Unsolved problem using Riak TS Java Client

Unsolved problem using Riak TS Java Client

Allexandre Sampaio
Hi, I'm new to Riak and I'm using the TS version to perform some tests in my Java application, running on an Ubuntu 16.04 server, for a college project.
The library I'm using is riak-client-2.1.1, with all of its dependencies.
But, when I try to connect to the DB to save data, the connection doesn't happen, and after a few minutes, the java proccess is closed.
What could it be? Maybe a problem with the DB settings?

Att.,

Allexandre Sampaio
Vitória da Conquista - BA, Brazil
+55 (77) 99964 3521

Re: Unsolved problem using Riak TS Java Client

Alex Moore
Hi Allexandre,

A few things to start:

1. Could you share how you are setting up the connections in the Java client?
2. Are you able to connect to your Riak TS cluster using the HTTP interface, or riak_shell ?
3. Are there any log files from your java application?

Thanks,
Alex Moore
Team Lead, Clients Team

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Allexandre Sampaio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I'm new to Riak and I'm using the TS version to perform some tests in my Java application, running on an Ubuntu 16.04 server, for a college project.
The library I'm using is riak-client-2.1.1, with all of its dependencies.
But, when I try to connect to the DB to save data, the connection doesn't happen, and after a few minutes, the java proccess is closed.
What could it be? Maybe a problem with the DB settings?

Att.,

Allexandre Sampaio
Vitória da Conquista - BA, Brazil

Re: Unsolved problem using Riak TS Java Client

Allexandre Sampaio
Hey Alex, thank you for helping.
So, answering you:

1. I'm setting up the connections as recomended in the client's example provided by the Docs page, here. If you prefer, you can see my application coding (in progress) on its repository in Github.
2. Yes, I've already used the riak_shell and the HTTP interface, both work fine...
3. No, let's say I'm in a hurry and couldn't code the logging module of my application until now.

Thank you again!

Att.,

Allexandre Sampaio
Sistemas de Informação - IFBA
Vitória da Conquista - BA
(77) 99964 3521

[...]

Hey, now I found the problem. Actually, I was setting up the connection wrong (forgot to check the default way in the library's page).
Now it's working fine! Thank you for being helpful!