Unable to start riak in ubuntu after changing IP address

Unable to start riak in ubuntu after changing IP address

sambit
Hi I have successfully installed Riak in ubuntu in my vmware virtual box in windows 7. It was working fine when I was applying some command from terminal. I want to use Riak from my Eclipse from Windows environment. I am using the java program provided by Riak site. I changed the riak IP address, after changing I am unable to start Riak. Please help me in this regard. I have made the following changes in riak.conf file.

nodename = riak@192.168.17.11

listener.http.internal = 192.168.17.11:8098

I refered to the following sites.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13859906/riak-node-no-longer-working-after-changing-ip-address
http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.2.0/references/Command-Line-Tools---riak-admin/#reip

Please help to start Riak and suggest me how to run the built-in java program from Eclipse in windows 7.

Re: Unable to start riak in ubuntu after changing IP address

Vitaly
Which version of Riak are you using? Do you see any error messages?

Also, what Java program are you reffering to? Can you post a link please?

Regards,
Vitaly

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 9:29 AM, sambit <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi I have successfully installed Riak in ubuntu in my vmware virtual box in
windows 7. It was working fine when I was applying some command from
terminal. I want to use Riak from my Eclipse from Windows environment. I am
using the java program provided by Riak site. I changed the riak IP address,
after changing I am unable to start Riak. Please help me in this regard. I
have made the following changes in riak.conf file.

nodename = [hidden email]

listener.http.internal = 192.168.17.11:8098

I refered to the following sites.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13859906/riak-node-no-longer-working-after-changing-ip-address
http://docs.basho.com/riak/1.2.0/references/Command-Line-Tools---riak-admin/#reip

Please help to start Riak and suggest me how to run the built-in java
program from Eclipse in windows 7.

Re: Unable to start riak in ubuntu after changing IP address

Charlie Voiselle
Sambit:

If you change the `nodename` on a node after starting it, you will create a condition where the node will no longer be able to find its name in the ring at startup and the startup will fail.  If this is a single node cluster, you can just wipe the contents of `/var/lib/riak/ring` and a new ring will be generated.  If you need to do this for multiple nodes, I would encourage you to review http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/nodes/renaming/ which is fairly exhaustive on the subject of renaming nodes.

Hope this gets you back up and going,

Charlie Voiselle
Client Services, Basho