Stats

Bryce Verdier
Hey all,

Within all the /stats url, is something equivalent to quires/operations
per second? Or is it possible to derive this information somehow from
some key within stats?

Thanks in advance,
Bryce

Re: Stats

Shane McEwan-2
On 05/02/14 05:10, Bryce wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Within all the /stats url, is something equivalent to quires/operations
> per second? Or is it possible to derive this information somehow from
> some key within stats?

G'day!

The "Gets and Puts" section of the Stats and Monitoring page[1] describe
the stats you're looking for. There's nothing by default that gives a
total queries per second metric but by adding the "node_gets" and
"node_puts" metrics together you can get a "requests per minute" metric.
You can then add that together from all your nodes to get a total for
your whole cluster.

I collect the individual "get" and "put" stats in my monitoring software
and then plot the gets and puts from all my nodes in a stacked graph.
Each metric and node has a different colour (so I can see that load
balancing across the nodes is working, for example) and gauge total
cluster activity by looking at how high the stack is[2].

[1] http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/stats-and-monitoring/
[2] Attached image: riak_transactions.png

Shane.

riak_transactions.png (84K) Download Attachment

Re: Stats

Hector Castro-2
Bryce,

`node_gets` + `node_puts` give you the number of operations per minute
(for that node). In order to get operations per second, you can simply
divide that result by 60.

--
Hector

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Bryce <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Within all the /stats url, is something equivalent to quires/operations per
> second? Or is it possible to derive this information somehow from some key
> within stats?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bryce

Re: Stats

Bryce Verdier
Thank you Hector & Shane for the quick answers! I really appreciate it.

Bryce