Script to install Riak 0.8 on ubuntu

Zubair Quraishi
Thanks for the help on installing 0.8, but I guess there are still quite a few dependencies to iron out. Is it possible for someone at Basho to make an install script for this that just "works". I would create it myself as I did for Riak 0.7 but I don't quite get this whole 32 / 64 bit thing. I guess my feeling is that customers are going to think that if Basho can't get an install script to get something working, then what chance that the customer have? Sorry to go on like this, but I tried twice unsuccessfully to get 0.8 installed, and I feel the installer is the first thing that a customer sees so it should be provided. I'll wait for Riak 8.1 I think where I hope you guys have this working

Re: Script to install Riak 0.8 on ubuntu

John Hornbeck
Hey Zubair,

try out these instructions and let us know if it works

https://help.basho.com/forums/115282-solutions/entries/113444-installing-riak-0-8-on-ubuntu-9-10-64-bit

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Zubair Quraishi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the help on installing 0.8, but I guess there are still quite a few dependencies to iron out. Is it possible for someone at Basho to make an install script for this that just "works". I would create it myself as I did for Riak 0.7 but I don't quite get this whole 32 / 64 bit thing. I guess my feeling is that customers are going to think that if Basho can't get an install script to get something working, then what chance that the customer have? Sorry to go on like this, but I tried twice unsuccessfully to get 0.8 installed, and I feel the installer is the first thing that a customer sees so it should be provided. I'll wait for Riak 8.1 I think where I hope you guys have this working

* John Hornbeck
** Director of Product and Services
** Basho Technologies, Inc.
** [hidden email]