Script to install Riak 0.8 on ubuntu

Zubair Quraishi
Hi,

 Some time ago I wrote a script to install Riak 0.7.1 on Ubuntu:

apt-get clean
apt-get remove erlang-base
apt-get remove erlang

apt-get install build-essential libncurses5-dev m4
apt-get install openssl libssl-dev

cd /
wget http://erlang.org/download/otp_src_R13B03.tar.gz
tar zxf otp_src_R13B03.tar.gz
cd otp_src_R13B03/
./configure
make
make install

cd /
wget http://hg.basho.com/riak/get/riak-0.7.1.tar.gz
tar xzf riak-0.7.1.tar.gz
cd riak
make all rel
export RIAK=`pwd`

cd rel/riak
bin/riak start

sleep 5
bin/riak-admin test

What would I have to change to get this to install 0.8 automatically? I tried manually to install 0.8 but gave up in the end

Re: Script to install Riak 0.8 on ubuntu

John Hornbeck
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Zubair Quraishi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

For 32bit Ubuntu 9.10 I was able to do the following

- sudo apt-get install build-essential libncurses5-dev
- sudo apt-get install openssl libssl-dev cvs
- tar zxvf otp_src_R13B03.tar.gz
- cd otp_src_R13B03
- ./configure
- make
- sudo make install
- cd ..
- tar zxvf riak-0.8.tar.gz
- cd riak-0.8
- make all rel
- cd rel/riak
- bin/riak start

Let me know if that doesn't work for you

--
* John Hornbeck
** Director of Product and Services