Riak + Webmachine

Kenny Stone
Hello,

I had an earlier project using webmachine.  I added the riak dependencies, which also use webmachine, and now my existing webmachine code is broken.

I found a related blog post about this issue, but things are still not working despite the dispatch_list looking correct at runtime.  I can take out the riak apps from my rel file to get the original functionality working (but riak not working obviously).

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Kenny

Re: Riak + Webmachine

Dan Reverri
Hi Kenny,

I would recommend using the Erlang PBC client rather than the native Erlang client. The performance is comparable and it reduces coupling between your code and Riak.

The following rebar.config option will pull in the PBC client:
  {riakc, ".*", {hg, "http://bitbucket.org/basho/riak-erlang-client", "tip"}},

You can find documentation here:

You can ignore the "./rebar install" part in the Overview section since you will be including it as a dependency in your application.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Reverri
Developer Advocate

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Kenny Stone <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I had an earlier project using webmachine.  I added the riak dependencies, which also use webmachine, and now my existing webmachine code is broken.

I found a related blog post about this issue, but things are still not working despite the dispatch_list looking correct at runtime.  I can take out the riak apps from my rel file to get the original functionality working (but riak not working obviously).

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Kenny

Re: Riak + Webmachine

Bob Ippolito
Note that you may have to redesign your app a bit to use the current
Erlang PBC client since it lacks any sort of timeout capability in the
API, and it exits when there is an error rather than reporting errors
in some way that can be caught in a try or case. I've heard there are
some revisions in the works but I haven't seen a new API yet.