Riak TS and downsampling?

Jordan Ganoff
Hi,

Is it possible to downsample a table as part of a query? Specifically, to group and aggregate a given table's records at a less granular level than the rows are stored in the table using an aggregation technique. Most time series databases offer a way to either precompute (reindex) at different granularities or query with an aggregation function. I haven't found anything like GROUP BY time(1h) in the docs. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: Riak TS and downsampling?

Pavel Hardak
Hi Jordan,

We are going to add GROUP BY time interval in Riak TS 1.6, tentatively scheduled for late March or early April 2017. Additionally, you might consider using Riak Spark Connector [1] to perform aggregations and downsampling - this is available today. Depending on the amount of data, using Spark might be more efficient option even after we add aggregation by time.

Best,
Pavel