Riak TS Performance for analytical queries

Riak TS Performance for analytical queries

Daniel Eberhardt

Hi,

Im a software engineer from Germany and testing the performance of a single-node Riak TS 1.40 via the Java Client at the moment.

Therefore I query statements likeselect sum(value) from tsdata where time > '" + day + "' and time < '" + tomorrow + "';"

Now Ive recognised the following issue: The first query I sent to Riak TS is always incredible slow, but the queries I start afterwards, are more than 20x faster. And while executing these queries, it doesnt matter if I query the same data or other data in another table/bucket.

Do you have any reasons for this behaviour? I would be interested to know why the first query is so slow and whether this behaviour is usual.

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

Daniel Eberhardt

Dualer Student - Wirtschaftsinformatik

eXXcellent solutions

Beim Alten Fritz 2
89075 Ulm
+49 731 550 26 770

[hidden email]

www.exxcellent.de

eXXcellent solutions gmbh
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martina Burgetsmeier,
Gerhard Gruber, Wilhelm Zorn
Sitz und Registergericht: Ulm, HRB-Nr.
4309

Re: Riak TS Performance for analytical queries

Grigory Fateyev
Hello!

I'm not sure but seems this can help: