Riak Python client connection pooling using gevent

Riak Python client connection pooling using gevent

Parnell Springmeyer
I've been needing the Riak Python client to handle pooled connections (including pooled connections to multiple nodes) and decided to re-work (just barely) the current riak-python-client to use gevent's queue to do thread-safe and light-weight Riak connection pooling.

There is a very minimal change to the RiakClient() args but it's to make it more intuitive.

I'm emailing the list in the event anyone is in need of this (as I was).

I'm using gevent-1.0 beta release but it also worked entirely fine on gevent-0.13.x

Re: Riak Python client connection pooling using gevent

Sean Cribbs-2
Parnell,

Thanks for sending the PR, I've left you some comments.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:52 AM, Parnell Springmeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been needing the Riak Python client to handle pooled connections (including pooled connections to multiple nodes) and decided to re-work (just barely) the current riak-python-client to use gevent's queue to do thread-safe and light-weight Riak connection pooling.

There is a very minimal change to the RiakClient() args but it's to make it more intuitive.

I'm emailing the list in the event anyone is in need of this (as I was).

I'm using gevent-1.0 beta release but it also worked entirely fine on gevent-0.13.x

Software Engineer