Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Jared Morrow

Riak-Users,

Everyone at Basho is extremely happy to announce the public availability of Riak 2.0.0 RC. As a release candidate, we do not recommend using it in production, but it should be considered feature and API complete for Riak 2.0 final. We reserve the right to make changes for any data-loss or severe performance issues found post-RC, but these will not affect the API.

This is our most ambitious release, with major new features throughout the product. With that in mind, please take plenty of time to read through the Release Notes. There are some important considerations regarding upgrades, known issues, and packaging. The Release Notes are still a work-in-progress and will be continually updated as we march towards 2.0 final. We have made a lot of progress on our docs site for 2.0, but still have work to do before final release. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks to everyone in our community,
-Team Basho

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Shailesh Mangal
New to RIAK, Does Riak 2.0 support Play 2.0. Is there a java/scala driver?

- Shailesh

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Mark S Phillips
Truly awesome work. Congratulations to you and the team, Jared.

Mark

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Riak-Users,
>
> Everyone at Basho is extremely happy to announce the public availability of
> Riak 2.0.0 RC. As a release candidate, we do not recommend using it in
> production, but it should be considered feature and API complete for Riak
> 2.0 final. We reserve the right to make changes for any data-loss or severe
> performance issues found post-RC, but these will not affect the API.
>
> This is our most ambitious release, with major new features throughout the
> product. With that in mind, please take plenty of time to read through the
> Release Notes. There are some important considerations regarding upgrades,
> known issues, and packaging. The Release Notes are still a work-in-progress
> and will be continually updated as we march towards 2.0 final. We have made
> a lot of progress on our docs site for 2.0, but still have work to do before
> final release. We appreciate your patience.
>
> Release Notes: https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/2.0/RELEASE-NOTES.md
>
> Downloads: http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0/downloads/
> Note: There will be minor tweaks to the download site to show the labels for
> SuSE Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu 14.04 packages
>
> APT/YUM Repos (see release-notes re: this change):
> https://packagecloud.io/basho/riak/install Note: If you are downloading the
> files directly, use our docs site. For apt/yum repo install, use
> packagecloud.
>
> Thanks to everyone in our community,
> -Team Basho

Mark

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Tom Santero-2
+1, it's very exciting to see this RC knowing how much work went into it's making. Congrats all around.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Mark S Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
Truly awesome work. Congratulations to you and the team, Jared.

Mark

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Riak-Users,
>
> Everyone at Basho is extremely happy to announce the public availability of
> Riak 2.0.0 RC. As a release candidate, we do not recommend using it in
> production, but it should be considered feature and API complete for Riak
> 2.0 final. We reserve the right to make changes for any data-loss or severe
> performance issues found post-RC, but these will not affect the API.
>
> This is our most ambitious release, with major new features throughout the
> product. With that in mind, please take plenty of time to read through the
> Release Notes. There are some important considerations regarding upgrades,
> known issues, and packaging. The Release Notes are still a work-in-progress
> and will be continually updated as we march towards 2.0 final. We have made
> a lot of progress on our docs site for 2.0, but still have work to do before
> final release. We appreciate your patience.
>
> Release Notes: https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/2.0/RELEASE-NOTES.md
>
> Downloads: http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0/downloads/
> Note: There will be minor tweaks to the download site to show the labels for
> SuSE Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu 14.04 packages
>
> APT/YUM Repos (see release-notes re: this change):
> https://packagecloud.io/basho/riak/install Note: If you are downloading the
> files directly, use our docs site. For apt/yum repo install, use
> packagecloud.
>
> Thanks to everyone in our community,
> -Team Basho

Mark

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Jared Morrow
There is a Java driver, http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/using/libraries/  The 2.0 support for that will land very soon, so keep an eye out on this list for the updated Java client.

-Jared

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Shailesh Mangal <[hidden email]> wrote:
New to RIAK, Does Riak 2.0 support Play 2.0. Is there a java/scala driver?

- Shailesh

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Brian Roach-2
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There is a Java driver,
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/using/libraries/  The 2.0 support for
> that will land very soon, so keep an eye out on this list for the updated
> Java client.

As of about 5 minutes ago the new Riak Java 2.0 RC1 client is cut.

The master branch in the Java client repo reflects this version:

https://github.com/basho/riak-java-client/tree/master

I've released it to maven central, but these days it takes about 3 - 4
hours for it to be synced over to the public repository. Once it shows
up in maven central, the new artifact info is:

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.basho.riak</groupId>
      <artifactId>riak-client</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.0.RC1</version>
</dependency>

I realize the Javadoc is sparse (and missing in some places). After a
much needed break I'll be working on that for the final release.

Thanks!
- Brian Roach

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Dave Martorana
Very excited by this!

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Brian Roach <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There is a Java driver,
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/using/libraries/  The 2.0 support for
> that will land very soon, so keep an eye out on this list for the updated
> Java client.

As of about 5 minutes ago the new Riak Java 2.0 RC1 client is cut.

The master branch in the Java client repo reflects this version:

https://github.com/basho/riak-java-client/tree/master

I've released it to maven central, but these days it takes about 3 - 4
hours for it to be synced over to the public repository. Once it shows
up in maven central, the new artifact info is:

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.basho.riak</groupId>
      <artifactId>riak-client</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.0.RC1</version>
</dependency>

I realize the Javadoc is sparse (and missing in some places). After a
much needed break I'll be working on that for the final release.

Thanks!
- Brian Roach

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Mark Reynolds
Awesome! <3

I've played with the betas already, and it rocks! thanks for the good work :)

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014, at 00:42, Dave Martorana wrote:
Very excited by this!

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Brian Roach <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There is a Java driver,
> that will land very soon, so keep an eye out on this list for the updated
> Java client.

As of about 5 minutes ago the new Riak Java 2.0 RC1 client is cut.

The master branch in the Java client repo reflects this version:

I've released it to maven central, but these days it takes about 3 - 4
hours for it to be synced over to the public repository. Once it shows
up in maven central, the new artifact info is:

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.basho.riak</groupId>
      <artifactId>riak-client</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.0.RC1</version>
</dependency>

I realize the Javadoc is sparse (and missing in some places). After a
much needed break I'll be working on that for the final release.

Thanks!
- Brian Roach

Re: Riak 2.0.0 RC1

Sofiane Laouini