Re: has anyone got Riak working on Solaris or OpenSolaris?

Re: has anyone got Riak working on Solaris or OpenSolaris?

Jonathan Lee
Hi Zubair,

With the help of the Basho team, we've been able to get Riak running
on both Solaris and OpenSolaris.  I'd be more than happy to help you
along the process if I can.  I think the error you're seeing is
because the escript binary is not in your path.  It usually installs
to /usr/local/erlang/bin -- can you check that it is in your path?

Jonathan

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Zubair Quraishi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can get Erlang 5.7.4 working on Solaris, but when I try to gmake or make
> Riak I get:
>
> user@opensolaris:~/riak# gmake all rel
> ./rebar compile
> /usr/bin/env: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** [compile] Error 127
>
> user@opensolaris:~/riak# mkdir /usr/bin/env
> mkdir: Failed to make directory "/usr/bin/env"; File exists
> user@opensolaris:~/riak#

Re: has anyone got Riak working on Solaris or OpenSolaris?

Zubair Quraishi
Yes, that was helpful, thanks. I installed Erlang 5.7.4 to:

/usr/local/bin/erl

and I tried adding it to the path with:

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:
$PATH