Re: Cannot start dev1, dev2, dev3 on same machine in Riak 0.7?

Re: Cannot start dev1, dev2, dev3 on same machine in Riak 0.7?

Francesca Gangemi
Zubair Quraishi wrote:
> Whenever I try to run the development single machine version of Riak 0.7 it allows me to either start dev1, dev2, OR dev3, but whenever I start the seconf Riak node the second node fails to start. Anyone know a fix for this?

Hi Zubair,

I'm not sure what your problem is, you should attach the latest
log/erlang.log.N
Anyway I couldn't start all the three nodes at once either and I solved
it adding the following entry in the etc/app.config file.

{riak_handoff_port, 8098},

Choose a different port for each node.

Kind regards
Francesca

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com

Re: Cannot start dev1, dev2, dev3 on same machine in Riak 0.7?

Andy Gross

Thanks, Francesca,

This is indeed a bug in riak-0.7.   It is fixed in riak-0.8, but the workaround Francesca describes below will work for 0.7.  The startup errors you saw were due to all three Riak nodes trying to listen on the same handofff port.  Setting {riak_handoff_port X::integer()} to different values for each node will fix your startup problems.

- Andy