RIAK repl enhancements

Andrew.Deane

Hi,

A quick note to highlight bet365 have published a summary of the replication work currently in final stages of dev.

http://bet365techblog.com/riak-update

These enhancements will be pushed to the canonical repo in the coming weeks, at which point we’ll also publish a more in-depth explanation of the changes.

Thanks,

Andy.

Andrew Deane

Systems Development Manager - Core Systems

Hillside (Technology) Limited

[hidden email]

bet365.com

Re: RIAK repl enhancements

Bryan Hunt-3
Andrew,

Your proposed changes sound like very well considered and welcome improvements.

What is going to be the strategy for merging?

Do you intend to publish to feature branches and make pull requests main development branches with community review?

Are the changes going to be targeted at the existing 2.* line or 3.0?

Progress towards 3.* (switch to modern Erlang/rebar3/leveled/new AAE) has been slow, it may be expeditious to target the 2.* line.

Bryan

On 23 May 2018, at 13:17, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

A quick note to highlight bet365 have published a summary of the replication work currently in final stages of dev.

These enhancements will be pushed to the canonical repo in the coming weeks, at which point we’ll also publish a more in-depth explanation of the changes.

Thanks,
Andy.

Andrew Deane
Systems Development Manager - Core Systems
Hillside (Technology) Limited

RE: RIAK repl enhancements

Andrew.Deane

Hi,

Yeah. FB and PRs back to main for both 2 and 3.

We intend to push forward and switch focus to 3 after this phase. OTP20 will be targeted, as we have seen large performance increases in provisional tests.