RIAK Python Client

Tumaini
Hello All,
Am new to Riak and relatively new to Python but was interested in using the Python Client rather than using curl on the command line. I am trying to follow the tutorial here http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/taste-of-riak/python/ but there must be something am missing.

I already have a three cluster node up and running.

I first use "easy_install riak" and that seems fine.

I then go to python and type in "import riak" and I get the error "ImportError: No module named riak".

Am not sure how to get the riak module visible to my python, can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance?

Tumaini

Re: RIAK Python Client

Bryce Verdier
Hi Tumaini,

Welcome to the list. Can you share the output from running "easy_install
riak"?

Warm regards,
Bryce

On 10/09/2014 07:50 AM, Tumaini wrote:

> Hello All,
> Am new to Riak and relatively new to Python but was interested in using the
> Python Client rather than using curl on the command line. I am trying to
> follow the tutorial here
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/taste-of-riak/python/
> <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/taste-of-riak/python/>   but there
> must be something am missing.
>
> I already have a three cluster node up and running.
>
> I first use "easy_install riak" and that seems fine.
>
> I then go to python and type in "import riak" and I get the error
> "ImportError: No module named riak".
>
> Am not sure how to get the riak module visible to my python, can anyone give
> me some pointers?
>
> Thanks in advance?
>
> Tumaini

Re: RIAK Python Client

Tumaini
Hello Bryce,
thanks for the warm welcome and quick response. The output is as follows (remember though that I have already ran this before so it pretty much does nothing, unless you want me to uninstall first then run the command?):

tumaini@ubuntu2:~$ sudo easy_install riak
Searching for riak
Best match: riak 2.1.0
Processing riak-2.1.0-py2.7.egg
riak 2.1.0 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Using /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/riak-2.1.0-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for riak
Finished processing dependencies for riak
tumaini@ubuntu2:~$

Any help greatly appreciated,
Tumaini