Question about claimant node.

Alex Feng
Hello Basho Users,

I have some questions regarding claimant node, what does it really mean ?
How a claimant node differs from the other nodes ?

If a claimant node is down, then the whole cluster stop working until I mark it down from other working node, right ? How do we avoid this kind of SPOF ?

Thank you.

Br,
Alex

Re: Question about claimant node.

Shaun McVey
Hi Alex,

The claimant node is used in operations related to adding/removing nodes from the cluster, things like that.  If the node dies, for example, due to hardware failure, then the cluster will still continue to operate normally.  In this regard, there's nothing special about the claimant node.  During normal operations, it's just like any other node.  It's only when attempting to run certain administrative commands that you'd find it doesn't work.  You just simply mark it as down though and the cluster will re-elect a new claimant to take over the role and you can continue.

Kind Regards,
Shaun

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Alex Feng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Basho Users,

I have some questions regarding claimant node, what does it really mean ?
How a claimant node differs from the other nodes ?

If a claimant node is down, then the whole cluster stop working until I mark it down from other working node, right ? How do we avoid this kind of SPOF ?

Thank you.

Br,
Alex

Re: Question about claimant node.