Python-riak links?

Shuhao Wu
How are the links implemented?

Would it be faster if I just store the unicode key in the db and look
it up or should I use links instead?

Thanks,

Shuhao

Re: Python-riak links?

Justin Sheehy
They are just stored in the metadata field of the object; what you describe is roughly equivalent except that link traversal can occur without roundtrips between Riak and your client.

Justin

On Dec 24, 2011, at 11:38 AM, Shuhao Wu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How are the links implemented?
>
> Would it be faster if I just store the unicode key in the db and look
> it up or should I use links instead?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shuhao

Re: Python-riak links?

Shuhao Wu
So it is beneficial to store keys into the field? I can see the meta
being more useful when you don't want to show the link in the document
itself. What's some other uses?

Shuhao