Processing the multipart/mixed link output in Java

Processing the multipart/mixed link output in Java

Mårten Gustafson
Howdy,

Sorry if this is a bit OT.

While reading Bryan's excellent post on link walking[1] I remembered
one thing that I struggled with when I last did links. Despite some
serious Googling I was unable to find a solid lib (or code snippet for
that matter) to parse and handle multipart/mixed content from Java.

Anyone got any good pointer, RTFM or the likes?

Cheers
Mårten.

[1] http://blog.basho.com/2010/02/24/link-walking-by-example/

Re: Processing the multipart/mixed link output in Java

Jonathan Lee
Mårten,

As far as the multipart/mixed content that comes out of Riak, there is
some code in the riak-java-client project that parses it.  It's not
written to parse multipart content in general, but it works for Riak's
output.  It also currently doesn't allow streaming, but that's in the
works.

It looks like bitbucket may be down at the moment (can't seem reach
it...), but it's here:

http://bitbucket.org/jonjlee/riak-java-client/src

under src/main/java/com/basho/riak/client/util/Multipart.java

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Jonathan

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Mårten Gustafson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Sorry if this is a bit OT.
>
> While reading Bryan's excellent post on link walking[1] I remembered
> one thing that I struggled with when I last did links. Despite some
> serious Googling I was unable to find a solid lib (or code snippet for
> that matter) to parse and handle multipart/mixed content from Java.
>
> Anyone got any good pointer, RTFM or the likes?
>

> Cheers
> Mårten.
>
> [1] http://blog.basho.com/2010/02/24/link-walking-by-example/

RE: Processing the multipart/mixed link output in Java

DavidDabbs

> While reading Bryan's excellent post on link walking[1] I remembered
> one thing that I struggled with when I last did links. Despite some
> serious Googling I was unable to find a solid lib (or code snippet for
> that matter) to parse and handle multipart/mixed content from Java.
>
> Anyone got any good pointer, RTFM or the likes?

You can try Java's Mail API.

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/index.html?javax/mail/Multipa
rt.html

david

On 24 February 2010 22:40, David Dabbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can try Java's Mail API.
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/index.html?javax/mail/Multipa
> rt.html

Rightly so.

I had a quick look at javax.mail before posting my original mail but
didn't have the patience to figure out how to use it.

I did however find some patience lying around a few days ago. Here's
the result of me learning to use javax.mail to parse MIME
multipart/mixed:
http://github.com/chids/java-mime-multipart-mixed

/m.