Problem with multithreadeding in Java

Allexandre Sampaio
Hi, I'm using Riak TS in a multithreaded application, running on an Ubuntu 16.04 server, for a college project. The library I'm using is riak-client-2.1.1, with all of its dependencies.
The problem starts when I try to set more than some dozens threads, so the Riak service starts to refuse the connection and throw errors.
I've checked and all the threads are using the same client (that is thread safe, according to its docs).
I also tried to change the riak conf file to allow the maximum of threads (1024), but it didn't change nothing...

Need help.
Thanks!

Att.,
Allexandre Sampaio
Sistemas de Informação - IFBA
Vitória da Conquista - BA, Brasil
(77) 99964 3521

Re: Problem with multithreadeding in Java

Alex Moore
Hi Allexandre,

Could you share your code for setting up the RiakNode/RiakCluster/RiakClient objects on the Java side, and how you are sharing them amongst your worker threads?

Thanks,
Alex
Clients Team Lead

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Allexandre Sampaio <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Alex, the code bellow is used to set up the Riak Client (if no one is already started) or share the client with the threads.

 public RiakClient getDB() throws UnknownHostException {
        if (client == null) {
            client = RiakClient.newClient("localhost");
        }
        return client;
    }

According to the Java library's documentation on GitHub, the object returned as a client could be used by multiple threads...
The class where I'm doing this is a singleton class, in a facade model.