Packagecloud.io

Alex De la rosa
Hi there,

The official documentation doesn't explain how to install through packagecloud.io but instead it uses riak's own repositories:

http://docs.basho.com/riak/2.0.0/ops/building/installing/debian-ubuntu/

Also, I want to report again a problem I have with packagecloud.io; I followed the instructions there to install my Riak 2.0 RC1 without any issues, however, everytime I do "aptitude update" I get a hit as if a new version of Riak is available (that is not)... so now I have no wait to do "aptitude safe-upgrade" without having to re-install Riak to a version I already have.

Should we avoid using packagecloud.io?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Packagecloud.io

Jared Morrow
Alex,

If you want to use apt to install Riak, then packagecloud.io is what you need to do since we are not updating our [apt|yum].basho.com repos moving forward.  We need to update our documentation, so I'll get on that right away.

Right now an upgrade is available for Riak (2.0.0 rather than rc1).  Go ahead and do that upgrade and let me know if you still have problems.

Using the scripts provided by packagecloud.io is the best way to ensure the repository is setup correctly on your system.

Sorry for your trouble,
-Jared