PSA: Building Riak 2.0.x from source

Jared Morrow
Riak Users,

There have been several issues people have ran into with Riak 2.0 pre's and beta tags due to incompatibilities in different versions of Erlang.  For 2.0 we are building against R16B02, with our own patches put on top of it.  We are planning on documenting this on the docs page, but that page is not updated yet.

So, if you'd like to build 2.0 from source, here is the Erlang you should build from:

If you'd like to see our patches, you can see what's changed here:

Thanks,
Jared

Re: PSA: Building Riak 2.0.x from source

Steve Vinoski

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Jared Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Riak Users,

There have been several issues people have ran into with Riak 2.0 pre's and beta tags due to incompatibilities in different versions of Erlang.  For 2.0 we are building against R16B02, with our own patches put on top of it.  We are planning on documenting this on the docs page, but that page is not updated yet.

So, if you'd like to build 2.0 from source, here is the Erlang you should build from:

If you'd like to see our patches, you can see what's changed here:

Thanks,
Jared

In addition to what Jared explained above, note that we submit all of our Erlang/OTP patches to the Ericsson OTP team for inclusion in official releases of Erlang/OTP. All of the Basho patches listed at the second link above have already been incorporated into later versions of Erlang/OTP such as R16B03-1 and 17.0.

--steve