OTP migration

Jean Parpaillon
Hi all,
As announced during the meetup, at KBRW we want to help on the OTP migration task.
IIRC, the migration is targeted for post 2.2.5 release, as to not postpone this release.
As suggested by Russell, we're starting from nhs-riak-2.2.5 branch.

I've opened a ticket for following-up our work on it:

I've also created a wiki page for more detailed infos:

Don't hesitate to put any relevant information there : existing pr, branches, etc

Jean Parpaillon
--
Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
Chairman @ OW2 Consortium

Re: OTP migration

Christopher Meiklejohn-2
Heinz (and Tristan, and myself) have done a bunch of work on his fork of Riak Core (and, Ensemble, and a few other libraries) to bring them up to the latest OTP.  I know at least the Antidote folks, Lasp folks, Project FIFO, and Partisan folks have used these as starting points for their work.

It might be worthwhile to investigate the overlap so we can maximize reuse of existing code.

Cheers,
Christopher

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:17 PM Jean Parpaillon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
As announced during the meetup, at KBRW we want to help on the OTP migration task.
IIRC, the migration is targeted for post 2.2.5 release, as to not postpone this release.
As suggested by Russell, we're starting from nhs-riak-2.2.5 branch.

I've opened a ticket for following-up our work on it:

I've also created a wiki page for more detailed infos:

Don't hesitate to put any relevant information there : existing pr, branches, etc

Jean Parpaillon
--
Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
Chairman @ OW2 Consortium
--
Phone: <a href="tel:+33%206%2030%2010%2092%2086" value="+33630109286" target="_blank">+33 6 30 10 92 86
skype: jean.parpaillon

Re: OTP migration

Bryan Hunt-3
To get the ball rolling, I’ve got a very low risk p/r for riak-erlang-client to enable Erlang 20 support.

Would be great to get it merged in.

On 13 Nov 2017, at 11:17, Jean Parpaillon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,
As announced during the meetup, at KBRW we want to help on the OTP migration task.
IIRC, the migration is targeted for post 2.2.5 release, as to not postpone this release.
As suggested by Russell, we're starting from nhs-riak-2.2.5 branch.

I've opened a ticket for following-up our work on it:

I've also created a wiki page for more detailed infos:

Don't hesitate to put any relevant information there : existing pr, branches, etc

Jean Parpaillon
--
Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
Chairman @ OW2 Consortium
--
Phone: +33 6 30 10 92 86
skype: jean.parpaillon

Re: OTP migration

Jean Parpaillon
Hi Bryan,
The wiki page and tickets have been created on purpose, as I've guessed many work has already been done here and there and the hardest part is now to integrate it :)

-> can you add a line in the wiki page: https://github.com/basho/riak/wiki/OTP-migration-task-follow-up ?

Jean

Le lundi 13 novembre 2017 à 12:05 +0000, Bryan Hunt a écrit :
[...]

Russell Brown-4
Ted Burghart did a lot of this work already. It would be great if we could re-use some of the work.

He talks about it here - http://www.erlang-factory.com/sfbay2017/ted-burghart.html

The NHS commissioned a report on this work a while back, and I’ll ask and see if they are willing to share it.

Cheers

Russell