OTP 19 support

Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti-3
Any timeline for upgrading Riak to OTP 19? OTP 20 is expected in few weeks. It is holding us back niceties like improved maps etc. from the upgrade.

Thanks,
Senthil

Re: OTP 19 support

Magnus Kessler
On 27 May 2017 at 10:43, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any timeline for upgrading Riak to OTP 19? OTP 20 is expected in few weeks. It is holding us back niceties like improved maps etc. from the upgrade.

Thanks,
Senthil

Hi Senthil,

AFAIK, there are still quite a few remaining issues in Riak's code base that need to be resolved before the database itself can be compiled and run on OTP-19+. However, IIRC the Riak Erlang Client can be compiled on OTP-19, and some preliminary testing I did last year suggests that it works OK. If you go down that route, please test your own build of the Riak Erlang Client carefully.

Kind Regards,

Magnus

--
Magnus Kessler
Client Services Engineer

Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431

Re: OTP 19 support

Russell Brown-4

On 29 May 2017, at 10:11, Magnus Kessler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 May 2017 at 10:43, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any timeline for upgrading Riak to OTP 19? OTP 20 is expected in few weeks. It is holding us back niceties like improved maps etc. from the upgrade.
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil
>

> Hi Senthil,
>
> AFAIK, there are still quite a few remaining issues in Riak's code base that need to be resolved before the database itself can be compiled and run on OTP-19+.

Is there a timeline for when they might be resolved? An idea as to when an OTP19 Riak might be released?

> However, IIRC the Riak Erlang Client can be compiled on OTP-19, and some preliminary testing I did last year suggests that it works OK. If you go down that route, please test your own build of the Riak Erlang Client carefully.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Magnus
>

> --
> Magnus Kessler
> Client Services Engineer
> Basho Technologies Limited
>
> Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431

Re: OTP 19 support

Russell Brown-4
Ugh, sent it too fast, sorry. I also meant to add:

>> AFAIK, there are still quite a few remaining issues in Riak's code base that need to be resolved before the database itself can be compiled and run on OTP-19+

Is there a list of them somewhere so that the community can pitch in and help?

On 30 May 2017, at 07:26, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29 May 2017, at 10:11, Magnus Kessler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 27 May 2017 at 10:43, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any timeline for upgrading Riak to OTP 19? OTP 20 is expected in few weeks. It is holding us back niceties like improved maps etc. from the upgrade.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Senthil
>>

>> Hi Senthil,
>>
>> AFAIK, there are still quite a few remaining issues in Riak's code base that need to be resolved before the database itself can be compiled and run on OTP-19+.
>
> Is there a timeline for when they might be resolved? An idea as to when an OTP19 Riak might be released?
>
>> However, IIRC the Riak Erlang Client can be compiled on OTP-19, and some preliminary testing I did last year suggests that it works OK. If you go down that route, please test your own build of the Riak Erlang Client carefully.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>>
>> Magnus
>>

>> --
>> Magnus Kessler
>> Client Services Engineer
>> Basho Technologies Limited
>>
>> Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431

Re: OTP 19 support

Torben Hoffmann
The rebar3 branch of riak_core is very far along - as I recall it works
in OTP-19 and _should_ work in OTP-20.

I cannot remember the name of the equivalent branch in riak_kv - perhaps
Ted can shed some light on that.

Cheers,
Torben

Russell Brown <[hidden email]> writes:

> Ugh, sent it too fast, sorry. I also meant to add:
>
>>> AFAIK, there are still quite a few remaining issues in Riak's code base that need to be resolved before the database itself can be compiled and run on OTP-19+
>
> Is there a list of them somewhere so that the community can pitch in and help?
>
> On 30 May 2017, at 07:26, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 29 May 2017, at 10:11, Magnus Kessler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 27 May 2017 at 10:43, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Any timeline for upgrading Riak to OTP 19? OTP 20 is expected in few weeks. It is holding us back niceties like improved maps etc. from the upgrade.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Senthil
>>>

>>> Hi Senthil,
>>>
>>> AFAIK, there are still quite a few remaining issues in Riak's code base that need to be resolved before the database itself can be compiled and run on OTP-19+.
>>
>> Is there a timeline for when they might be resolved? An idea as to when an OTP19 Riak might be released?
>>
>>> However, IIRC the Riak Erlang Client can be compiled on OTP-19, and some preliminary testing I did last year suggests that it works OK. If you go down that route, please test your own build of the Riak Erlang Client carefully.
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>>
>>> Magnus
>>>

>>> --
>>> Magnus Kessler
>>> Client Services Engineer
>>> Basho Technologies Limited
>>>
>>> Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431

Torben Hoffmann
Chief Architect, basho.com
M: +45 25 14 05 38