Node leaving but waiting for handoff

marcel.koopman
Hi,

I've asked a node to leave the cluster, it did do a transfer to another node, but now its not doing anything at all.

What is riak doing now, why is the handoff waiting, can I influence this?

============================== Unreachable Nodes ==============================
All nodes are up and reachable

root@77-72-144-214:~# riak-admin transfers
'riak@77.72.144.214' waiting to handoff 30 partitions

Active Transfers:

Re: Node leaving but waiting for handoff

Sean Cribbs-2
Hi Marcel,

You can change the number of allowed transfers via the riak-admin tool:

$ riak-admin transfer-limit
=============================== Transfer Limit ================================
Limit        Node
    2        '[hidden email]'
Note: You can change transfer limits with 'riak-admin transfer_limit <limit>'
      and 'riak-admin transfer_limit <node> <limit>'

All nodes are up and reachable

root@77-72-144-214:~# riak-admin transfers
'[hidden email]' waiting to handoff 30 partitions

Active Transfers:

Software Engineer