New Riak 1.3 Status Entries

Shane McEwan-2
G'day!

I've noticed a few undocumented 'riak-admin status' entries since
upgrading to 1.3.1:

read_repairs_primary_outofdate_one
read_repairs_primary_outofdate_count
read_repairs_primary_notfound_one
read_repairs_primary_notfound_count
leveldb_read_block_error
pipeline_active
pipeline_create_count
pipeline_create_one
pipeline_create_error_count
pipeline_create_error_one

Could someone in the know explain what these mean?

Also, can I add a feature request for a status entry for AAE repairs?
Something similar to the current 'read_repairs' entry?

Thanks!

Re: New Riak 1.3 Status Entries

Brian Shumate
Hi Shane,

Thanks for the feedback! I've added an issue[0] to our basho_docs
repository[1] to get this information into the documentation.

If you have other suggestions going forward, please feel free to file an
issue directly against the basho_docs repository.

I think the `riak-admin aae-status` command that provides the kind of
information you need in your second request , and there is also some
documentation currently available for its use[2].

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Brian Shumate

0. https://github.com/basho/basho_docs/issues/427
1. https://github.com/basho/basho_docs
2. http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/references/Command-Line-Tools---riak-admin/#aae-status

On Jun 7, 2013, at 6:39 AM, Shane McEwan wrote:

> G'day!
>
> I've noticed a few undocumented 'riak-admin status' entries since upgrading to 1.3.1:
>
> read_repairs_primary_outofdate_one
> read_repairs_primary_outofdate_count
> read_repairs_primary_notfound_one
> read_repairs_primary_notfound_count
> leveldb_read_block_error
> pipeline_active
> pipeline_create_count
> pipeline_create_one
> pipeline_create_error_count
> pipeline_create_error_one
>
> Could someone in the know explain what these mean?
>
> Also, can I add a feature request for a status entry for AAE repairs? Something similar to the current 'read_repairs' entry?
>
> Thanks!

Re: New Riak 1.3 Status Entries

Matthew Von-Maszewski
leveldb_read_block_error info updated within issue #427.

Matthew

On 07/06/13 14:22, Brian Shumate wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback! I've added an issue[0] to our basho_docs
> repository[1] to get this information into the documentation.

Thanks Brian. I keep forgetting about the docs repository. I'll use that
in future.

> I think the `riak-admin aae-status` command that provides the kind of
> information you need in your second request , and there is also some
> documentation currently available for its use[2].

Yes, I'm aware of the aae-status command. I'm after more of a node total
of AAE repairs rather than per vnode. I could write a script to total
all the vnode stats. How lightweight is the aae-status command? Is it OK
to run once per minute?

> 0. https://github.com/basho/basho_docs/issues/427
> 1. https://github.com/basho/basho_docs
> 2. http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/references/Command-Line-Tools---riak-admin/#aae-status

Thanks!

Shane.

Re: New Riak 1.3 Status Entries

Evan Vigil-McClanahan
I also updated the issue to explain some of the other stats.