Moving Riak bitcask directory

Stephen Bennett
I want to move my Riak bitcask directory onto a different filesystem partition in order to make use of more space that is available.

Is it as simple as:

1. Stopping Riak
2. Moving the directory to the new partition
3. Sym-linking the directory to the old location
4. Starting Riak

Is there a better way to do this, and is there anything that I should be looking out for when doing this?

Re: Moving Riak bitcask directory

Grant Schofield
Yes, that will work. The other options would be instead of a symlink you could also change the data_root setting in the Bitcask section of the app.config file.

Grant Schofield
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies

On Nov 23, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Stephen Bennett wrote:

> I want to move my Riak bitcask directory onto a different filesystem partition in order to make use of more space that is available.
>
> Is it as simple as:
>
> 1. Stopping Riak
> 2. Moving the directory to the new partition
> 3. Sym-linking the directory to the old location
> 4. Starting Riak
>
> Is there a better way to do this, and is there anything that I should be looking out for when doing this?

Re: Moving Riak bitcask directory

Stephen,

That should work fine.

-Justin