Listing buckets... and innostore backend growth

Listing buckets... and innostore backend growth

Alexander Sicular
Is there a way to list all buckets? I know I can use the following to get a list of all keys:

curl http://127.0.0.1:8098/riak/example

Oddly enough, running that command against a known empty bucket creates a ton of .ibd files in the innokeystore directory. Along the lines of "knownEmptyBucket_*.ibd" Do those files get garbage collected? Cause that looks like a great way to eat disk space...

-Alexander

Re: Listing buckets... and innostore backend growth

Sean Cribbs-2
In the Erlang client, you can use riak_client:list_buckets/0. However, this is performed by listing all keys in all buckets and extracting the buckets.  This is a pretty expensive operation, so your application should really know what buckets it's looking for.

Sean Cribbs <[hidden email]>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/