Limiting LevelDB memory in Riak 1.4

ricardo.ekm
Hi all,
I have a multi backend strategy in my Riak cluster, where LevelDB bucket stores historical data whereas Bitcask bucket stores live data. Given the purpose of LevelDB bucket I don't want it to take much memory and use most o the memory to Bitcask.

I know in 2.0 there is "leveldb.maximum_memory.percent" to limit LevelDB memory use. Is there a way to achieve the same thing in Riak 1.4?

Thanks.

--
Ricardo Mayerhofer

Re: Limiting LevelDB memory in Riak 1.4

Matthew Von-Maszewski
See this:

It is the 1.4 docs relating to memory management for leveldb.

Basic answer is that you multiple max_open_files times 4 megabytes times number of vnodes on the server.

Matthew