Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

Heinz N. Gies
Heya everyone, 
I figured I’ll pick up the initiative here and see if we all can come together before fragmentation hits. Annette mentioned this today and I think she’s right.

There are many people that want to see risk(_core) continue to evolve and improve, out of the top of my head there are ES - who picked up support for riak, NHS/UK - which is using it and seem to keep doing so, there is Gordon, Annette, Chris, Tristan, Mariano and me who all have an interest to keep things going. I’m pretty sure I forgot a good few people (sorry! It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I just have a brain like a sieve).

Amongst all of us I’m sure we’ve quite some forks. Tristan, Chris, Mariano and me started https://github.com/Kyorai to consolidate the git repos that correspond to the current hex packages as an example, NHS runs a fork of core at https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core and I guess ES will have one too by now. (Again apologies if I forgot someone).

I am quite sure that all of us have the same goal and probably are interested in the same things (keeping riak(_core) strong). So what I’d like to suggest is we find a time to sit together and chat about how we pool resources instead of trying to cross merge in N different places. Perhaps late next week EU afternoon US morning? Please raise a hand if interested, discuss and share times that would work for you :)

Cheers,
Heinz

_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com

signature.asc (817 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

Russell Brown-4
Great idea Heinz, I think speaking together is the right start.

I’m free next week, but a key member of our team is not. I know we’re never going to get everyone to agree on a time, but if we could do it early the following week it would suit more. Otherwise, I will attend and pass info along, so don’t worry. I think bet365 should be involved too. They probably have the largest team anywhere working on Riak.

Maybe a doodle http://doodle.com/en_GB/ would be a good thing?

Russell

On 17 Aug 2017, at 15:47, Heinz N. Gies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Heya everyone,
> I figured I’ll pick up the initiative here and see if we all can come together before fragmentation hits. Annette mentioned this today and I think she’s right.
>
> There are many people that want to see risk(_core) continue to evolve and improve, out of the top of my head there are ES - who picked up support for riak, NHS/UK - which is using it and seem to keep doing so, there is Gordon, Annette, Chris, Tristan, Mariano and me who all have an interest to keep things going. I’m pretty sure I forgot a good few people (sorry! It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I just have a brain like a sieve).
>
> Amongst all of us I’m sure we’ve quite some forks. Tristan, Chris, Mariano and me started https://github.com/Kyorai to consolidate the git repos that correspond to the current hex packages as an example, NHS runs a fork of core at https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core and I guess ES will have one too by now. (Again apologies if I forgot someone).
>
> I am quite sure that all of us have the same goal and probably are interested in the same things (keeping riak(_core) strong). So what I’d like to suggest is we find a time to sit together and chat about how we pool resources instead of trying to cross merge in N different places. Perhaps late next week EU afternoon US morning? Please raise a hand if interested, discuss and share times that would work for you :)
>
> Cheers,
> Heinz
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com


_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

lrPrentice
In reply to this post by Heinz N. Gies
Hi there, Heinz,

I'm all for any effort to support, improve, and further document Riak Core. A hard ground truth of Open Source is the importance of a vibrant community. Thanks for pointing out the vanguard.

Please keep me posted on when and how your chat event will transpire.

All the best,

Lloyd





-----Original Message-----
From: "Heinz N. Gies" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:47am
To: "riak-users" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
Heya everyone,
I figured I’ll pick up the initiative here and see if we all can come together before fragmentation hits. Annette mentioned this today and I think she’s right.

There are many people that want to see risk(_core) continue to evolve and improve, out of the top of my head there are ES - who picked up support for riak, NHS/UK - which is using it and seem to keep doing so, there is Gordon, Annette, Chris, Tristan, Mariano and me who all have an interest to keep things going. I’m pretty sure I forgot a good few people (sorry! It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I just have a brain like a sieve).

Amongst all of us I’m sure we’ve quite some forks. Tristan, Chris, Mariano and me started https://github.com/Kyorai <https://github.com/Kyorai> to consolidate the git repos that correspond to the current hex packages as an example, NHS runs a fork of core at https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core <https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core> and I guess ES will have one too by now. (Again apologies if I forgot someone).

I am quite sure that all of us have the same goal and probably are interested in the same things (keeping riak(_core) strong). So what I’d like to suggest is we find a time to sit together and chat about how we pool resources instead of trying to cross merge in N different places. Perhaps late next week EU afternoon US morning? Please raise a hand if interested, discuss and share times that would work for you :)

Cheers,
Heinz



_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

Gokhan Boranalp
In reply to this post by Russell Brown-4
Hi all,

I have created a Slack channel. Here is the invitation link[1]
I think it is better to have a quick talk beforehand in Slack to
organize big meeting with a rest of Riak funs/lovers.
We are ready to provide some resources and i believe lots of folks
would like to do the same.
It would be very efficient to organize, as fast as possible.
For anyone missed, there is an alternate mail group[2] if this one
ripped of suddenly.


[1] https://join.slack.com/t/postriak/shared_invite/MjI4MDU2NTI0NDM1LTE1MDI5OTMxMDAtMTQzNTM3MzAwZA
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/riak-users

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great idea Heinz, I think speaking together is the right start.
>
> I’m free next week, but a key member of our team is not. I know we’re never going to get everyone to agree on a time, but if we could do it early the following week it would suit more. Otherwise, I will attend and pass info along, so don’t worry. I think bet365 should be involved too. They probably have the largest team anywhere working on Riak.
>
> Maybe a doodle http://doodle.com/en_GB/ would be a good thing?
>
> Russell
>
> On 17 Aug 2017, at 15:47, Heinz N. Gies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Heya everyone,
>> I figured I’ll pick up the initiative here and see if we all can come together before fragmentation hits. Annette mentioned this today and I think she’s right.
>>
>> There are many people that want to see risk(_core) continue to evolve and improve, out of the top of my head there are ES - who picked up support for riak, NHS/UK - which is using it and seem to keep doing so, there is Gordon, Annette, Chris, Tristan, Mariano and me who all have an interest to keep things going. I’m pretty sure I forgot a good few people (sorry! It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I just have a brain like a sieve).
>>
>> Amongst all of us I’m sure we’ve quite some forks. Tristan, Chris, Mariano and me started https://github.com/Kyorai to consolidate the git repos that correspond to the current hex packages as an example, NHS runs a fork of core at https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core and I guess ES will have one too by now. (Again apologies if I forgot someone).
>>
>> I am quite sure that all of us have the same goal and probably are interested in the same things (keeping riak(_core) strong). So what I’d like to suggest is we find a time to sit together and chat about how we pool resources instead of trying to cross merge in N different places. Perhaps late next week EU afternoon US morning? Please raise a hand if interested, discuss and share times that would work for you :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Heinz
>> _______________________________________________
>> riak-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com



--
Iyi calismalar dilerim.
---------
Gokhan Boranalp
+90 555 548 56 18
[hidden email]
http://www.zetaops.io
http://dc.zetaops.io/
http://www.slideshare.net/kunthar
http://www.github.com/kunthar
http://www.github.com/zetaops

Eger gonderilmesi dusunulen kisi veya kurulus degilseniz, lutfen
gonderen kisiyi derhal haberdar ediniz ve mesaji sisteminizden
siliniz.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the message from your system.
---------

_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

DeadZen
I'm down for a chat on how to finally get our collective stuff together. Maybe a google hangout?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM Gokhan Boranalp <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have created a Slack channel. Here is the invitation link[1]
I think it is better to have a quick talk beforehand in Slack to
organize big meeting with a rest of Riak funs/lovers.
We are ready to provide some resources and i believe lots of folks
would like to do the same.
It would be very efficient to organize, as fast as possible.
For anyone missed, there is an alternate mail group[2] if this one
ripped of suddenly.


[1] https://join.slack.com/t/postriak/shared_invite/MjI4MDU2NTI0NDM1LTE1MDI5OTMxMDAtMTQzNTM3MzAwZA
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/riak-users

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great idea Heinz, I think speaking together is the right start.
>
> I’m free next week, but a key member of our team is not. I know we’re never going to get everyone to agree on a time, but if we could do it early the following week it would suit more. Otherwise, I will attend and pass info along, so don’t worry. I think bet365 should be involved too. They probably have the largest team anywhere working on Riak.
>
> Maybe a doodle http://doodle.com/en_GB/ would be a good thing?
>
> Russell
>
> On 17 Aug 2017, at 15:47, Heinz N. Gies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Heya everyone,
>> I figured I’ll pick up the initiative here and see if we all can come together before fragmentation hits. Annette mentioned this today and I think she’s right.
>>
>> There are many people that want to see risk(_core) continue to evolve and improve, out of the top of my head there are ES - who picked up support for riak, NHS/UK - which is using it and seem to keep doing so, there is Gordon, Annette, Chris, Tristan, Mariano and me who all have an interest to keep things going. I’m pretty sure I forgot a good few people (sorry! It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I just have a brain like a sieve).
>>
>> Amongst all of us I’m sure we’ve quite some forks. Tristan, Chris, Mariano and me started https://github.com/Kyorai to consolidate the git repos that correspond to the current hex packages as an example, NHS runs a fork of core at https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core and I guess ES will have one too by now. (Again apologies if I forgot someone).
>>
>> I am quite sure that all of us have the same goal and probably are interested in the same things (keeping riak(_core) strong). So what I’d like to suggest is we find a time to sit together and chat about how we pool resources instead of trying to cross merge in N different places. Perhaps late next week EU afternoon US morning? Please raise a hand if interested, discuss and share times that would work for you :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Heinz
>> _______________________________________________
>> riak-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com



--
Iyi calismalar dilerim.
---------
Gokhan Boranalp
+90 555 548 56 18
[hidden email]
http://www.zetaops.io
http://dc.zetaops.io/
http://www.slideshare.net/kunthar
http://www.github.com/kunthar
http://www.github.com/zetaops

Eger gonderilmesi dusunulen kisi veya kurulus degilseniz, lutfen
gonderen kisiyi derhal haberdar ediniz ve mesaji sisteminizden
siliniz.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the message from your system.
---------

_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com

_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lets come together - how riak(_core) should be developed in the future?

Heinz N. Gies
Gokhan has made a doodle thingy (I didn’t even knew that existed) to track availability:


Lets see when we can do it and then find a medium.


On 18. Aug 2017, at 05:36, DeadZen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm down for a chat on how to finally get our collective stuff together. Maybe a google hangout?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM Gokhan Boranalp <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have created a Slack channel. Here is the invitation link[1]
I think it is better to have a quick talk beforehand in Slack to
organize big meeting with a rest of Riak funs/lovers.
We are ready to provide some resources and i believe lots of folks
would like to do the same.
It would be very efficient to organize, as fast as possible.
For anyone missed, there is an alternate mail group[2] if this one
ripped of suddenly.


[1] https://join.slack.com/t/postriak/shared_invite/MjI4MDU2NTI0NDM1LTE1MDI5OTMxMDAtMTQzNTM3MzAwZA
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/riak-users

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great idea Heinz, I think speaking together is the right start.
>
> I’m free next week, but a key member of our team is not. I know we’re never going to get everyone to agree on a time, but if we could do it early the following week it would suit more. Otherwise, I will attend and pass info along, so don’t worry. I think bet365 should be involved too. They probably have the largest team anywhere working on Riak.
>
> Maybe a doodle http://doodle.com/en_GB/ would be a good thing?
>
> Russell
>
> On 17 Aug 2017, at 15:47, Heinz N. Gies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Heya everyone,
>> I figured I’ll pick up the initiative here and see if we all can come together before fragmentation hits. Annette mentioned this today and I think she’s right.
>>
>> There are many people that want to see risk(_core) continue to evolve and improve, out of the top of my head there are ES - who picked up support for riak, NHS/UK - which is using it and seem to keep doing so, there is Gordon, Annette, Chris, Tristan, Mariano and me who all have an interest to keep things going. I’m pretty sure I forgot a good few people (sorry! It doesn’t mean I love you any less, I just have a brain like a sieve).
>>
>> Amongst all of us I’m sure we’ve quite some forks. Tristan, Chris, Mariano and me started https://github.com/Kyorai to consolidate the git repos that correspond to the current hex packages as an example, NHS runs a fork of core at https://github.com/ramensen/riak_core and I guess ES will have one too by now. (Again apologies if I forgot someone).
>>
>> I am quite sure that all of us have the same goal and probably are interested in the same things (keeping riak(_core) strong). So what I’d like to suggest is we find a time to sit together and chat about how we pool resources instead of trying to cross merge in N different places. Perhaps late next week EU afternoon US morning? Please raise a hand if interested, discuss and share times that would work for you :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Heinz
>> _______________________________________________
>> riak-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com



--
Iyi calismalar dilerim.
---------
Gokhan Boranalp
+90 555 548 56 18
[hidden email]
http://www.zetaops.io
http://dc.zetaops.io/
http://www.slideshare.net/kunthar
http://www.github.com/kunthar
http://www.github.com/zetaops

Eger gonderilmesi dusunulen kisi veya kurulus degilseniz, lutfen
gonderen kisiyi derhal haberdar ediniz ve mesaji sisteminizden
siliniz.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the message from your system.
---------

_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com


_______________________________________________
riak-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com

signature.asc (817 bytes) Download Attachment