Fwd: Riak Backlinks? Simple linkwalk?

Sean Cribbs-2
Begin forwarded message:

From: Sean Cribbs <[hidden email]>
Date: April 12, 2010 2:21:54 PM EDT
To: Tomáš Mudruňka <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Riak Backlinks? Simple linkwalk?

On Apr 12, 2010, at 12:48 PM, Tomáš Mudruňka wrote:

Hello,
i have 2 small questions...

1.)
i am using Riak with PHP to store graph db, but i can't find anywhere if i
am able to get list of backlinks, which is crucial for me.
is there some way to get array of keys with links to my desired key? If
it's possible, how can i do this?

Links are uni-directional, from source to target.  If you need backlinks, you'll need to add them to the target back to the sources.  Alternatively, you could do a potentially expensive map-reduce job to collect them, but in general it's easier to add the backlink when you store the forward link.

2.)
is there some way to do such simple linkwalk request in PHP?
curl http://localhost:8098/riak/kybca-mini/root/_,_,_; echo
i just want to get array containing data of all nodes to which i am
linking from desired node in single request.

The PHP client library supports link-walking through map-reduce rather than the shortcut URLs.  If you have the object already, do something like this:

$results = $obj->link()->map("Riak.mapValuesJson", array("keep" => true)).run();

Hope that helps!

Sean Cribbs <[hidden email]>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.