Failed to start riak_kv_multi_backend

amol.zambare@bookmypacket.com
Hello all,

We have 4 node cluster, one node is unable to start because of below error

Failed to start riak_kv_multi_backend backend for index 479555224749202520035584085735030365824602865664 error: [{riak_kv_eleveldb_backend,{db_open,"Corruption: truncated record at end of file"}}]

we have try to start after deleting anti entropy still getting same error, kindly guild us is there any way to repair this node.

Thanks.

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please:
(1) immediately notify me by reply e-mail, or by telephone call; and
(2) destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Re: Failed to start riak_kv_multi_backend

Bryan Hunt-3
Amol,

Although a repair tool exists for eleveldb the simplest solutions is to simply delete the corrupted partition and run a repair job.

1. Stop the node

2. Locate the directory you have configured for eleveldb data storage and delete the subdirectory 479555224749202520035584085735030365824602865664

3. Start the node

PS - It’s better to run a cluster with 5 nodes.

Best Regards,

Bryan Hunt