Export Riak TS tables to CSV

ricardo.ekm
Hi all!
We're planning to use some Riak TS tables as input to Amazon ML. Amazon ML requires the input to be in CSV format.

Is there any easy way to export Riak TS data? What's the recommended approach?

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Mayerhofer

Re: Export Riak TS tables to CSV

Alexander Sicular-2
Hi Ricardo,

Riak itself won't do this. Afaik, the client libraries return language specific array like data structures. To actually convert those to csv would be an exercise for the developer. Thankfully most languages have a readily available array to csv library which will basically do it for you.

-Alexander

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:35 Ricardo Mayerhofer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all!
We're planning to use some Riak TS tables as input to Amazon ML. Amazon ML requires the input to be in CSV format.

Is there any easy way to export Riak TS data? What's the recommended approach?

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Mayerhofer

Re: Export Riak TS tables to CSV

ricardo.ekm
I think the challenge in this case is to do it in an efficient manner.

I pretty much like the Big Data patterns presented at the last re:Invent.

I think Riak TS can play a key role in the "store" phase, Spark connector bridges one of the gaps to "process/analyze" phase. Nevertheless there are plenty of other "process/analyze" options beyond Spark. This includes BI tools, machine learning tools, data warehouse tools and so on.

Many players in the market have invested heavily bridging this gap. See BI connectors and export for Mongo (https://www.mongodb.com/products/bi-connectorhttps://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/program/mongoexport/). Kinesis firehose from AWS (https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/amazon-kinesis-firehose-simple-highly-scalable-data-ingestion/).

What're having to do in Riak TS is developing applications to export the data and setting up some cron jobs and monitoring in place.