Error When Creating an Erlang Riak Object

Error When Creating an Erlang Riak Object

Ted Karmel
Hi,

I am following the README found here:
http://www.bitbucket.org/basho/riak/src/tip/README

I have gotten the latest version of Erlang (5.7.5), installed Riak,
set up the client connection.

But, when I try to create a new object following the README
guidelines, I receive an error.

(riaktest@127.0.0.1)6> O0 = riak_object:new("groceries", "mine", ["bread"]).

** exception error: no function clause matching
riak_object:new("groceries", "mine", ["bread"])

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Re: Error When Creating an Erlang Riak Object

Abeming Sf
Hi Ted,

The bucket and key should be in binary which is <<"groceries">> and <<"mine">>

-Abe

On 7 May 2010 19:45, Ted Karmel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am following the README found here:
http://www.bitbucket.org/basho/riak/src/tip/README

I have gotten the latest version of Erlang (5.7.5), installed Riak,
set up the client connection.

But, when I try to create a new object following the README
guidelines, I receive an error.

([hidden email])6> O0 = riak_object:new("groceries", "mine", ["bread"]).

** exception error: no function clause matching
riak_object:new("groceries", "mine", ["bread"])

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Re: Error When Creating an Erlang Riak Object

Ted Karmel
Thanks Abe!

That solved the error.  The readme should perhaps be updated to reflect this

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Ted Karmel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Abe!
>
> That solved the error.  The readme should perhaps be updated to reflect this

Done.  Thanks for reporting the trouble!

-Bryan