Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?

Russell Brown
Hi all,
It looks like we’re moving toward shipping the open source repl code with the next release of Riak.

I’m canvassing for opinions about the riak_snmp and riak_jmx portions of the enterprise code. Is there anyone out there that depends on these features? I’d like to deprecate them in the next release, and remove them in the release following that.

Cheers

Russell

Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?

Bryan Hunt-3
Already discussed on Slack but just to be public:

I’m in favour of keeping the repositories around but not including them as Riak dependencies or supporting them going forward.

Any others ?

> On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:48, Russell Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> It looks like we’re moving toward shipping the open source repl code with the next release of Riak.
>
> I’m canvassing for opinions about the riak_snmp and riak_jmx portions of the enterprise code. Is there anyone out there that depends on these features? I’d like to deprecate them in the next release, and remove them in the release following that.
>
> Cheers
>
> Russell

Slack (was: Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?)

Jean Parpaillon
Hi,
Speaking about slack, is it possible to have an invitation ?

Jean

Le lundi 13 novembre 2017 à 15:50 +0000, Bryan Hunt a écrit :

> Already discussed on Slack but just to be public:
>
> I’m in favour of keeping the repositories around but not including
> them as Riak dependencies or supporting them going forward.
>
> Any others ?
>
> > On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:48, Russell Brown <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > It looks like we’re moving toward shipping the open source repl
> > code with the next release of Riak.
> >
> > I’m canvassing for opinions about the riak_snmp and riak_jmx
> > portions of the enterprise code. Is there anyone out there that
> > depends on these features? I’d like to deprecate them in the next
> > release, and remove them in the release following that.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Russell
Jean Parpaillon
--
Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
Chairman @ OW2 Consortium

Re: Slack (was: Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?)

Christopher Meiklejohn-2
+1, same.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM Jean Parpaillon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Speaking about slack, is it possible to have an invitation ?

Jean

Le lundi 13 novembre 2017 à 15:50 +0000, Bryan Hunt a écrit :
> Already discussed on Slack but just to be public:
>
> I’m in favour of keeping the repositories around but not including
> them as Riak dependencies or supporting them going forward.
>
> Any others ?
>
> > On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:48, Russell Brown <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > It looks like we’re moving toward shipping the open source repl
> > code with the next release of Riak.
> >
> > I’m canvassing for opinions about the riak_snmp and riak_jmx
> > portions of the enterprise code. Is there anyone out there that
> > depends on these features? I’d like to deprecate them in the next
> > release, and remove them in the release following that.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Russell
Jean Parpaillon
--
Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
Chairman @ OW2 Consortium
--
Phone: <a href="tel:+33%206%2030%2010%2092%2086" value="+33630109286" target="_blank">+33 6 30 10 92 86
im: [hidden email]
skype: jean.parpaillon
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanparpaillon/en

Re: Slack (was: Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?)

Gokhan Boranalp
Here is the invite link;

https://join.slack.com/t/postriak/shared_invite/enQtMjcyMjkyNzAyMDM4LTM2YzQxMTUzMDhlZDQ1ZGYzZDk4NDVlMzM2Njc1OGVjZTdmNTU3YThkY2VhMGFlODlkN2YzZmMxZGM3YTM5ZDA

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Christopher Meiklejohn
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1, same.
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM Jean Parpaillon <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Speaking about slack, is it possible to have an invitation ?
>>
>> Jean
>>
>> Le lundi 13 novembre 2017 à 15:50 +0000, Bryan Hunt a écrit :
>> > Already discussed on Slack but just to be public:
>> >
>> > I’m in favour of keeping the repositories around but not including
>> > them as Riak dependencies or supporting them going forward.
>> >
>> > Any others ?

>> --
>> Jean Parpaillon
>> --
>> Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
>> Chairman @ OW2 Consortium
>> --
>> Phone: +33 6 30 10 92 86
>> im: [hidden email]
>> skype: jean.parpaillon
>> linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanparpaillon/en

Iyi calismalar dilerim.
---------
Gokhan Boranalp
+90 555 548 56 18
[hidden email]
http://www.zetaops.io
http://dc.zetaops.io/
http://www.slideshare.net/kunthar
http://www.github.com/kunthar
http://www.github.com/zetaops

Eger gonderilmesi dusunulen kisi veya kurulus degilseniz, lutfen
gonderen kisiyi derhal haberdar ediniz ve mesaji sisteminizden
siliniz.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the message from your system.
---------

RE: Slack (was: Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?)

Martin.Cox
I'm in support of deprecating. Is the intention to include them in the open-source release, only to remove them in the following release? May as well not include them to start with, I'd have thought?

Martin Cox
Software Developer
Hillside (Technology) Limited
m: +44(0) 7585 990614
t: +44(0) 8456 000 365
e: [hidden email]
bet365.com
________________________________
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM Jean Parpaillon <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi,
Speaking about slack, is it possible to have an invitation ?

Jean

Le lundi 13 novembre 2017 à 15:50 +0000, Bryan Hunt a écrit :

> Already discussed on Slack but just to be public:
>
> I’m in favour of keeping the repositories around but not including
> them as Riak dependencies or supporting them going forward.
>
> Any others ?
>
> > On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:48, Russell Brown <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > It looks like we’re moving toward shipping the open source repl
> > code with the next release of Riak.
> >
> > I’m canvassing for opinions about the riak_snmp and riak_jmx
> > portions of the enterprise code. Is there anyone out there that
> > depends on these features? I’d like to deprecate them in the next
> > release, and remove them in the release following that.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Russell
Jean Parpaillon
--
Senior Developper @ KBRW Adventure
Chairman @ OW2 Consortium
--
Phone: +33 6 30 10 92 86<tel:+33%206%2030%2010%2092%2086>
im: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
skype: jean.parpaillon
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanparpaillon/en

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain information which may be privileged or confidential and are intended solely to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by telephone or email immediately and delete it from your system. Activity and use of our email system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Internet emails are not necessarily secure. We do not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. You are advised to scan this message for viruses and we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage which may be caused as a result of any computer virus.

This email is sent by a bet365 group entity. The bet365 group includes the following entities: Hillside (Shared Services) Limited (registration no. 3958393), Hillside (Spain New Media) Plc (registration no. 07833226), bet365 Group Limited (registration no. 4241161), Hillside (Technology) Limited (registration no. 8273456), Hillside (Media Services) Limited (registration no. 9171710), Hillside (Trader Services) Limited (registration no. 9171598) each registered in England and Wales with a registered office address at bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 5SZ, United Kingdom; Hillside (Gibraltar) Limited (registration no. 97927), Hillside (Sports) GP Limited (registration no. 111829) and Hillside (Gaming) GP Limited (registered no. 111830) each registered in Gibraltar with a registered office address at Unit 1.1, First Floor, Waterport Place, 2 Europort Avenue, Gibraltar; Hillside (UK Sports) LP (registration no. 117), Hillside (Sports) LP (registration no. 118), Hillside (International Sports) LP (registration no. 119), Hillside (Gaming) LP (registration no. 120) and Hillside (International Gaming) LP (registration no. 121) each registered in Gibraltar with a principal place of business at Unit 1.1, First Floor, Waterport Place, 2 Europort Avenue, Gibraltar; Hillside España Leisure S.A (CIF no. A86340270) registered in Spain with a registered office address at C/ Conde de Aranda nº20, 2º, 28001 Madrid, Spain; Hillside (Australia New Media) Pty Limited (registration no. 148 920 665) registered in Australia with a registered office address at Level 4, 90 Arthur Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia; Hillside (New Media Malta) Plc, (registration no c.66039) registered in Malta with a registered office address at Office 1/2373, Level G, Quantum House, 75 Abate Rigord Street, Ta’ Xbiex XBX 1120, Malta and Hillside (New Media Cyprus) Limited, (registration no. HE 361612) registered in Cyprus with a registered office address at Omrania Centre, 313, 28th October Avenue, 3105 Limassol, Cyprus. Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, Hillside (Spain New Media) Plc and Hillside (New Media Malta) Plc also have places of business at Unit 1.1, First Floor, Waterport Place, 2 Europort Avenue, Gibraltar. For residents of Greece, this email is sent on behalf of B2B Gaming Services (Malta) Limited (registration number C41936) organised under the laws of Malta with a registered office at Apartment 21, Suite 41, Charles Court, St. Luke's Road, Pietà, Malta.

Re: Slack (was: Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?)

Russell Brown-4
Music to my ears.

On 13 Nov 2017, at 16:00, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'm in support of deprecating. Is the intention to include them in the open-source release, only to remove them in the following release? May as well not include them to start with, I'd have thought?
>
> Martin Cox
> Software Developer
> Hillside (Technology) Limited
> m: +44(0) 7585 990614
> t: +44(0) 8456 000 365
> e: [hidden email]
> bet365.com

To not include them in the open-source release.

> On 13 Nov 2017, at 16:00, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I'm in support of deprecating. Is the intention to include them in the open-source release, only to remove them in the following release? May as well not include them to start with, I'd have thought?
>
> Martin Cox
> Software Developer

Re: Deprecation of Riak SNMP and Riak JMX?

Christopher Meiklejohn-2

Yes, I'm in agreement that they should be kept around, but if you require that support, you should build Riak from source for it.

Christopher