Deleting buckets.

Richard Heycock
Hi,

Is there an efficient way of deleting the entire contents of a bucket? I
realise I could use a map/reduce job but it seems very inefficient.

Just out of interest why isn't there a delete operation on a bucket?

rgh
--
Richard Heycock

http://topikality.com

+61 (0) 410 646 369
[e]:  [hidden email]
[im]: [hidden email]

Re: Deleting buckets.

Sean Cribbs-2
Richard,

I believe the need hasn't arisen until recently. There's been some buzz about that among the dev team, so you might see that feature come out in the future release -- but I can't make promises.

Sean Cribbs <[hidden email]>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/

On Mar 12, 2010, at 8:17 PM, Richard Heycock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an efficient way of deleting the entire contents of a bucket? I
> realise I could use a map/reduce job but it seems very inefficient.
>
> Just out of interest why isn't there a delete operation on a bucket?
>
> rgh
> --
> Richard Heycock
>
> http://topikality.com
>
> +61 (0) 410 646 369
> [e]:  [hidden email]
> [im]: [hidden email]

Re: Deleting buckets.

Alexander Sicular
Also, deleting buckets could be very... dangerous. Kinda like drop table. Buyer beware! Maybe implement it with a bucket level property along the lines of the "allow_mult" variable. How about "drop_bucket"?

-Alexander