Debian Package

Stephen Day-2
Is there a way to make the .deb package from the open source checkout on bitbucket?

There are a couple of bugs (75 & 76) I was going to fix, but I can't seem to find the debian package root.

Thanks,

steve

Re: Debian Package

Grant Schofield
Our first stab at Debian packages do need a few updates and I hope to
publish them soon. I will get with the dev team and discuss including
our Debian build setup in the repository.

Grant

On Mar 15, 2010, at 18:30, Stephen Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to make the .deb package from the open source
> checkout on bitbucket?
>
> There are a couple of bugs (75 & 76) I was going to fix, but I can't
> seem to find the debian package root.
>
> Thanks,
>
> steve

Re: Debian Package

Stephen Day-2
Thanks. That would be helpful.

Despite these small number of bugs, your approach to erlang packaging is quite good. Most try to rely on the erlang system dependency, but this causes problems when different distributions require different erts versions. By distributing erts along with the application code, deploy becomes quite trivial.

steve

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Grant Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
Our first stab at Debian packages do need a few updates and I hope to publish them soon. I will get with the dev team and discuss including our Debian build setup in the repository.

Grant

On Mar 15, 2010, at 18:30, Stephen Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there a way to make the .deb package from the open source checkout on bitbucket?

There are a couple of bugs (75 & 76) I was going to fix, but I can't seem to find the debian package root.

Thanks,

steve

Re: Debian Package

Richard Heycock
Excerpts from Stephen Day's message of 2010-03-16 10:30:42 +1100:
> Is there a way to make the .deb package from the open source checkout on
> bitbucket?
>
> There are a couple of bugs (75 & 76) I was going to fix, but I can't seem to
> find the debian package root.
>
> Thanks,
>
> steve

You could pull the existing control files out of the current deb using
ar.

rgh
--
Richard Heycock