Confusion about node_puts and vnode_puts.

Confusion about node_puts and vnode_puts.

xiao新
Hi,

I am confused about the relation between the statistics "node_puts" and "vnode_puts", yes, I have read the user guide.
For instance, this is the output from "riak-admin status | grep node_puts", I don't understand why vnode_puts is much bigger(40 times) than node_puts, my cluster has 3 nodes.

        Line 178: node_puts : 568
Line 179: node_puts_counter : 0
Line 180: node_puts_counter_total : 0
Line 181: node_puts_map : 0
Line 182: node_puts_map_total : 0
Line 183: node_puts_set : 0
Line 184: node_puts_set_total : 0
Line 185: node_puts_total : 55476
Line 347: vnode_puts : 23888
Line 348: vnode_puts_total : 10305729
vnode_putsNumber of PUT operations coordinated by local vnodes on this node in the last minute

node_putsNumber of PUTs coordinated by this node, where a PUT is sent to a local vnode in the last minute
Best Regards
Luna

Re: Confusion about node_puts and vnode_puts.

Magnus Kessler
On 15 February 2017 at 10:09, xiao新 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Luna,

VNode puts and gets are registered each time a VNode performs an operation. Any time a Node coordinates a client operation, there will be `n_val` VNode operations. However, not all VNode operations occur as a result of client-side operations. In particular AAE tree rebuilds, AAE repairs and realtime or fullsync MDC replication are counted at the VNode level, but don't register at the node level.

Kind Regards,

Magnus

--
Magnus Kessler
Client Services Engineer

Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431