Cannot start riak

Lijun Wang
I am evaluating riak. On FreeBSD, I got, application_start_failure, os_mon when starting it. The issue is other than this how do I know what is really going on?

Thanks,
Lijun

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cannot start riak

Sean Carey
Lijun,
Could you check the logs for errors, and send them to the list?

Cheers,

Sean

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Lijun Wang wrote:

I am evaluating riak. On FreeBSD, I got, application_start_failure, os_mon when starting it. The issue is other than this how do I know what is really going on?

Thanks,
Lijun

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cannot start riak

Parnell Springmeyer
You're not providing a whole lot of useful information. FreeBSD version, Riak version, etc… would help.

I've been able to build Riak and LevelDB successfully on FreeBSD 8.x and 9.x; it all runs without a hitch.

On Jul 11, 2012, at 9:48 PM, Lijun Wang wrote:

> I am evaluating riak. On FreeBSD, I got, application_start_failure, os_mon when starting it. The issue is other than this how do I know what is really going on?
>

> Thanks,
> Lijun
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cannot start riak

Lijun Wang
Logs attached. From the crash dump:

=erl_crash_dump:0.1
Wed Jul 11 22:12:55 2012
Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_start_failure,os_mon,{shutdown,{os_mon,start,[normal,[]]}}})
System version: Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [rq:1] [async-threads:64] [kernel-poll:true]
Compiled: Tue Jul 10 15:56:45 2012

Our OS is based on FreeBSD 7.2 -- yes it is quite old. The Riak version is 1.1.1

Could you check the logs for errors, and send them to the list?

Cheers,

Sean
On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Lijun Wang wrote:
I am evaluating riak. On FreeBSD, I got, application_start_failure, os_mon when starting it. The issue is other than this how do I know what is really going on?

Thanks,
Lijun

Sent from my iPhone

run_erl.log (368 bytes) Download Attachment
erlang.log.1 (2K) Download Attachment