Calling erlang shell from the command line

Calling erlang shell from the command line

Arun Rajagopalan
Hi RIAK users

I would like to attach to the riak shell and compile an .erl program and quit. The reason is I want to be absolutely sure I am building the erl program with the version of erlang that my riak installation has

Something like
riak attach c(myprog.erl).
Ctr-C a

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Arun

Re: Calling erlang shell from the command line

Luke Bakken
Hi Arun -

When you install Riak it installs the Erlang VM to a well-known location, like /usr/lib/riak/erts-5.9.1

You can use /usr/lib/riak/erts-5.9.1/bin/erlc and know that it is the same Erlang that Riak is using.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer