Any interest in Seattle office hours or meetup?

Any interest in Seattle office hours or meetup?

Joseph Blomstedt-3
As many of you already know, Basho is largely a distributed company
with the majority of many teams working remotely from their homes,
coffee shops, and co-working spaces across the country.  There's no
reason you need to live near one of our offices in order to interact
with Basho engineers and developer advocates -- we're everywhere.

With that said, I'd like to set something up in Seattle to engage with
local Riak users and enthusiasts.

Some thoughts:
-- Weekly office hours at a coffee shop or co-working location.
-- Monthly or bi-monthly Riak meetup.
-- Monthly or bi-monthly Riak drinkup.

Is there anyone in the Seattle area who finds any of these ideas
interesting? Have a preference? Have other suggestions?

In short, I'm soliciting any and all feedback. Is anyone in the
Seattle area interested in having weekly/monthly access to come in and
pester me (senior engineer at Basho) about anything and everything?

-Joe

--
Joseph Blomstedt <[hidden email]>
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Any interest in Seattle office hours or meetup?

Parnell Springmeyer
Cool idea. Are there any Basho guys in Austin, Texas?

On Aug 7, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Joseph Blomstedt wrote:

> As many of you already know, Basho is largely a distributed company
> with the majority of many teams working remotely from their homes,
> coffee shops, and co-working spaces across the country.  There's no
> reason you need to live near one of our offices in order to interact
> with Basho engineers and developer advocates -- we're everywhere.
>
> With that said, I'd like to set something up in Seattle to engage with
> local Riak users and enthusiasts.
>
> Some thoughts:
> -- Weekly office hours at a coffee shop or co-working location.
> -- Monthly or bi-monthly Riak meetup.
> -- Monthly or bi-monthly Riak drinkup.
>
> Is there anyone in the Seattle area who finds any of these ideas
> interesting? Have a preference? Have other suggestions?
>
> In short, I'm soliciting any and all feedback. Is anyone in the
> Seattle area interested in having weekly/monthly access to come in and
> pester me (senior engineer at Basho) about anything and everything?
>
> -Joe
>

> --
> Joseph Blomstedt <[hidden email]>
> Senior Software Engineer
> Basho Technologies, Inc.
> http://www.basho.com/

Re: Any interest in Seattle office hours or meetup?

Parnell Springmeyer
Sorry for the double email, hit the send key combo accidentally.

If there are, I can get the Capital Factory guys to host a meet up/get together (I'm a tenant in their gorgeous office space).

On Aug 7, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Joseph Blomstedt wrote:

> As many of you already know, Basho is largely a distributed company
> with the majority of many teams working remotely from their homes,
> coffee shops, and co-working spaces across the country.  There's no
> reason you need to live near one of our offices in order to interact
> with Basho engineers and developer advocates -- we're everywhere.
>
> With that said, I'd like to set something up in Seattle to engage with
> local Riak users and enthusiasts.
>
> Some thoughts:
> -- Weekly office hours at a coffee shop or co-working location.
> -- Monthly or bi-monthly Riak meetup.
> -- Monthly or bi-monthly Riak drinkup.
>
> Is there anyone in the Seattle area who finds any of these ideas
> interesting? Have a preference? Have other suggestions?
>
> In short, I'm soliciting any and all feedback. Is anyone in the
> Seattle area interested in having weekly/monthly access to come in and
> pester me (senior engineer at Basho) about anything and everything?
>
> -Joe
>

> --
> Joseph Blomstedt <[hidden email]>
> Senior Software Engineer
> Basho Technologies, Inc.
> http://www.basho.com/

Re: Any interest in Seattle office hours or meetup?

Tom Santero
Hi Parnell,

One of our DevOps Engineers, Seth Thomas, is in Austin and is the man you want to speak to. You can reach him directly at [hidden email]

Tom